It's just not cricket - well it is actually (spoilers)

Yes leather on willow when its struck hard is a beautiful sound. Even better when its you holding the bat

Meanwhile club cricket is brutual. On paper Im currently the 3rd XI leading wicket taker this season. Rinsed my self in the nets on Tuesday. Seem to have been dropped from this Saturdays squad.

5 Likes

A South African guy I used to work with was a playing member of the MCC and he played there a few times.

When I was at uni, Cambridge University used to still play early season fixtures against county sides (they usually got thrashed :roll_eyes:). I used to train in the weights gym at the university sports centre at Fenners and you could walk out of the fire door between sets and watch a few balls being bowled

2 Likes

Ok turns out I’ve not been dropped, captain is just slow on his admin.

5 Likes

I was robbed on two LBW calls, one was 100% out and our captain might have suggested perhaps they werent playing entirely in the spirit of cricket. Annoyingly im still falling away on some balls and bowling wides. When my line was good they couldnt play.

Batting I went full Kevin Piertesen.

11 not out from 14 balls. 2 fours. 78.57 strike rate, highest in the team.

6 Likes

No reviews?
:roll_eyes::rofl:

1 Like

Looking at the strike rates I think you were between Boycott and Tavare in the batting line up :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Surrey heading for another big win over Worcestershire in the county championship

2 Likes

Pakistani wicket keeper is a big lad. Hope for me yet.

3 Likes

Archer about to bowl for England. Get behind the sofa……

3 Likes

Im on a small delay. I hope he does well. :crossed_fingers:

I think we know what happened to all the pies
:roll_eyes::rofl:

1 Like

He did pretty well in the end after a dodgy first over :grinning:

1 Like