It's just not cricket - well it is actually (spoilers)

England saved by the rain?

DLS calc never did make much sense.

1 Like

Scotland’s first 5 overs they were assuming a 20 over innings so I guess that caters for the fact they would have larruped a few more if they’d have known it was a 10 over innings.

Not sure what the maths is, also they were 5 power play overs which is more than the number of power play overs you get in a 10 over innings.

2 Likes

Yeah its complicated and it takes into account as you say how they wohld have played their first overs and the powerplays etc. It does often favour a bat first team because not sure how it caters for death bowling etc.

Feel like one day I should take the time to sit dosn and understand it in full.

1 Like

It’s always interesting to see how the DLS target adjusts in-play as the innings goes on

1 Like

A 9 ball super over
:roll_eyes::rofl:

1 Like

Got to hand it to the USA, they have searched the earth for people who can actually play cricket and have some lose enough connection or relationship to the motherland to enable to them to represent them. Not a lot of home grown talent there.

1 Like

I assume they’re all qualified by residency rather than ancestry? :man_shrugging:

Apparently one of them is the former captain of Canada :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I guess, wasnt a lot of American sounding names on the squad was all.

In other news. There is a thing called the World Championship of Legends. Its retired international players, playing a T20 championship. Its coming to the UK and England are playing West Indies at Northampton in July. Ive booked the day off and am getting the train for a very nice day out. SA v Pak after the England game.

The England team has Ravi Boprara, “Mr Cover Drive” Ian Bell, and my favourite, Kevin Piertesen.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen adverts for that on the back of buses.

I was going to look it up to see what it was all about

1 Like

The other sides dont have a great deal of huge names. Aus has Brett Lee, WI Chris Gayle, SA Jacques Kallis the rest nothing to write home about.

I just want to watch KP play. I know hes not everyones cup of tea but I love him and he changed the batting game when he switch hit Murali for 6 that time.

1 Like

Convicts later today. I guess we find out how badly Mott has loused up the preparation.

Although quite a few shocks so far, USA beating Pakistan then NZ losing to Afghanistan.

Maybe escaping with a point from the washed out Scotland game was not a bad result :wink::wink:

3 Likes

Another reason excellent start by England :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Wood lost 22 on that over. Shocking. Now Ali is getting whacked about a bit.

1 Like

SA making hard work of it
:flushed:

1 Like

So chances are very likely we’ll need to rely on the last group game in which an already qualified Australia have to absolutely marmalise Scotland to destroy their net run rate rather than just beat them.

What could possible go wrong??:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Haha, it’s yonks since I’ve heard that word :joy:

2 Likes

Yes its not a great position to be in at all really. I would say the match being rained off against Scotland has done us no favours but in fact given how we’ve been playing it if it had completed it could have been the final nail in the coffin for us

3 Likes

What a cruel sport. Ive been dropped this week. Joint second highest wicket taker not needed.

Guess a lot of the established players are now available and there are only 11 spots.

Gutted that its not my choice but also slightly relieved as Im still finding it very busy coaching, playing and running the U11s game. Plus Ive really done nothing to work on my fitness or technique.

4 Likes

Don’t worry - it will probably just rain

1 Like