It's just not cricket - well it is actually (spoilers)

Makes sense for cricket to have its own thread really for those moments of happiness when things are going well or for when the old days of doom and gloom when it all goes horribly wrong and defeat is snatched from the jaws of victory.

2 Likes

Thank goodness, I hate cricket. Dad disowned me :grin:

5 Likes

As per many comments on the BBC HYS sections - you hate it and yet you can’t help commenting on it :rofl:

2 Likes

Just endorsing your decision to separate it :grin:

2 Likes

Just watching yesterday’s cricket highlights before starting work.

Bazball is so much more fun to watch than back when Trescothic and Vaughan were batting.

1 Like

Wish I could find a bit more time to watch it atm, especially with the attacking play.

Also want to go to a 20/20 match.

1 Like

Missed it this year already. There’s some Hundred fixtures coming up, Royal London (50 over matches) and then County test cricket.

Hospitality tickets are £60 and Gold tier are £22.

Yeah, I wondered when the 100 was. Think the northern chargers play up here, Headingley and possibly Durham?

I’ll have a look at some point soon

20/20 is still on though? But only the quarters?

Yup 20/20 leagues have just been completed, some ridiculous scores again, Warwickshire scored over 200 in 5 or 6 games I think and broke the record along the way.

Not sure about the 100, seems to be changing something very similar for the sake of having some live cricket on the BBC.

1 Like

Finals are all at Edgbaston.
Hundred games are held all over including Headingly.

1 Like

As long as you don’t put it in the sport category; fine :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think the Chargers only play at Headingley. There’s relatively few “home” games, so I think they tend to be based around one ground per franchise. We went to a game at the Oval last year and it was a good day out. Most games are a double-header with a men’s and women’s fixture.

I was a bit dubious about the Hundred format initially, but it seems to work and ended up watching loads of games on TV. They change ends every 10 balls and the bowlers change every 5 or 10 balls, so if a bowler is on a hot streak the captain can keep them on for 10 balls.

The real home of cricket :wink:

1 Like

I thought the 100 was a bit of a revelation last year. The tweaks in playing format from T20 were mostly unnecessary, but the setting up of new franchises definitely attracted a new demographic that the staid old Counties never could.

Also the ‘draft’ meant all teams had a good sprinkling of overseas and England white ball stars. Running a women’s competition in parallel also worked well.

It probably had a few old duffers in County team boardrooms spluttering into their G&T’s.

Obviously proof will be over the next 2/3 years - does it kick on, or like that NFL Europe league thing will it gradually wither away after initial curiosity.

2 Likes

Derailing the cricket thread quite early - I used to work on the matchday programmes for the London Monarchs and Scottish Claymores when it first started, seem to think it carreid on in Germany for a while after the UK teams faded away.

When did they get the new mildly appropriate sponsorship?

2 Likes

I have a spare ticket going for T20 world cup semi-final :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

yah, small matter of a flight to Oz

1 Like

Steady on old chap, if it was golf I would agree

1 Like

Can offer a spare room if you make it :joy: only 4 bikes in there for company, probably 5 by November.

1 Like