It's just not cricket - well it is actually (spoilers)

Manchester Originals are having an absolute mare at Lords. 23 balls left and they need more than they have scored from the previous 77

2 Likes

First century in the Hundred for Smeed.

Thing I really like about The Hundred is I dont care who wins. Its entertaining without being invested in one side winning.

1 Like

Not got into it yet, will give it another go soon. Mildy annoying that I used to support Warwickshire County Cricket Club and now it’s them, Birmingham Bears and I guess Birmingham Phoenix

2 Likes

I’m supporting Oval Invincibles as my local team (<1000m away from my house)…

As a Yorkshireman I’ve never been able to bring myself to support Surrey, but the franchise system takes away that emotonal link to the county.

As @GRamsay says, the games are entertaining even if you aren’t particularly following either side.

1 Like

I’ve only just got my head around Durham being my second team despite actually living in the county all my life!

1 Like

It was a source of great shame to my aunt when she was taken to hospital in Darlington for the birth of my cousin, denying him the right to play cricket for Yorkshire while they still had the Yorkshire-born only eligibility criteria :roll_eyes:

I was born in the old military hospital in Catterick Garrison, so I could have played for Yorkshire if it wasn’t for the fact that I lack any sort of hand eye coordination to hit a ball with a big stick or catch or throw :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha, same here for the actual cricketing ability!

My parents were temporarily living in Middlesbrough while they bought and built a house in Billingham!

As a result I was born opposite Albert park in Middlesbrough at maternity hospital, this is about 2 miles from the river that was the Yorkshire boundary at the time :grin:

1 Like

Post match interviews and some drunk twat is shouting absolute bollocks in the background. Stuart Broad looking like he’s about to jump in the stands an lamp him

1 Like

After tonights game Im fairly sure if Putin ever launches nukes at us then Moeen Ali with a bat and some balls can take them all out from the Norfolk coast.

2 Likes

Did you see Will Jack’s century for Oval last night. He was aiming 6s at the commentary pod at one point :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah he rattled one into the box. I cant remember the commentators names but one said the other was sat there like a king on a throne till the ball came flying in.

1 Like

Assumed the weather would have taken care of the first day of the first test - sadly not. Shame Bairstow took time away from fast cricket to concentrate on being ready for today, only lasted five balls

2 Likes

Jonny’s just getting his eye in :roll_eyes: . Didn’t he lose his wicket cheaply in the first test against NZ?

The forecast is showing a low chance of showers for the rest of the day :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Cunning approach!

Guess Stokes is doing the same :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe they’re confused because they’re batting first? :roll_eyes:

They’re used to chasing down 300+ to win :rofl:

1 Like

For Foakes sake, another one gone

Thunder is coming this way - maybe the rain will come to England’s rescue :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The Rockets are making the Invincibles sweat in the women’s game today

1 Like

Just caught the end of that. Mens game next. Then test highlights after that.

1 Like

If anyone isnt following the test, dont bother.

2 Likes