Kona 2022

Is it the LIONel Vs Sam Long (? Could’ve been someone else) course with that long drag on the run?

That was a great race!

1 Like

Yes, that was 70.3 St George back in May, think it was North American champs. The LION faster uphill, Long quicker downhill finally settled when the LION was ‘shot out of a cannon’ Mark style at the last aid station.

The 70.3 WC’s same course were less exciting as LCB went gun to tape and Gustav sealed it on the bike.

But at 140.6, and throw Jan, a fit AB, KB etc in there as well….

And Skipper :wink:

2 Likes

but we all know Skipper will come out of the water 4 mins behind the leaders, destroy himself catching that up on the bike and turning it into a 3 min lead, and then not have the pace in the second half of the run as a consequence…. its becoming formulaic.

2 Likes

St George in May will definitely be a wetsuit swim, so that should help the weaker swimmers :man_shrugging:

Not as formulaic as the LION overtraining, cooking up some hair brained nutrition scheme then also coming out of the swim 4 minutes behind….etc……you all know the rest.

I reckon Jan will be doing a bit of a Macca, and trying to recruit a little Uber swim-bike group to distance Gustav before the run.

2 Likes

Amongst all the covid cancellations, has there ever been an option to defer to 2023 or is it a clean slate from next year?

Fairly sure @TROSaracen is 2023

1 Like

Yes, I was in for 2020 then 2021. When they cancelled 2021 they offered 2022, 2023 or 2024.

I took 2023 just to give an extra year to get things normalised.

2 Likes