More DIY & Gardening numptiness

How the Fing F are you ripping through this house so quickly with 3 x kids, 2 x busy jobs and you’re still training and going on holidays?!

There’s something not quite right here. :thinking:

(or we’re just very lazy and shit at getting stuff done! :joy: :joy: :joy:)

10 Likes

Wifey isn’t back at work until then end of August ! But yeah, I was too tired for my planned turbo after doing odd little jobs once the kids were down. Kitchen is the last big one now really

6 Likes

Slacker, what are you doing with your time :man_shrugging:t2: :smile:

1 Like

Back onto the tiling…

This one should be fun :lying_face:

6 Likes

Oof, paging the trotter police :rofl:

7 Likes

Not sure about the safety shoes.

4 Likes

I missed them till you pointed it out. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

2 years ago today we moved into this new build - the garden was just a barren area.

today. :heart:

19 Likes

Looks fantastic. I wish I was better at gardening. Like a nice looking garden with a striped lawn but never been able to cultivate more that a few weeds.

1 Like

no lawn here - makes maintenance much easier

2 Likes

Strimmers, are they all a complete POS or just ours, or am I the problem?

Bloody cord hardly stays out, especially one side, tried re-threading it and nearly smashed the thing against the wall in a rage :rofl:

Also, it’s corded and the cable is completely twisted and a right PITA so thinking of getting a cordless, I’m guessing the batteries on the B&D lawnmower would probably fit one of their strimmers?

2 Likes

Electric strimmers? Yeah they are all shit in my experience. The petrol strimmers have a much thicker wire which breaks a fraction of the time and way more power behind them.

I cant imagine a cordless leccy one will be much cop. Unless its mega powered with a 32V battery, but thats going to be heavy.

1 Like

I have the same and it’s great, still on the original nylon and it came with a spare spool that’s not been touch. I only do the edge of the lawn with it but does seem very robust.

Yeah, this is only to do the edges every other cut so I doubt battery life will be a problem, just a question of whether I can get the nylon spool in properly, it must be user error or crap design on this one!

Might look for a Makita.

Thanks

2 Likes

I bought a Spear & Jackson corded one a couple of years ago after our old one packed up and it’s shite. Same reasons, cord doesn’t unwind properly and every few seconds I have to turn it off and f**k about with it. Most of the time I use a manual lawn edger shears thingy.

3 Likes

I had a black and decker cordless strimmer but it was pathetic. We now have Erbauer (b&q screwfix own brand) strimmer blower and Recip saw which are 18v but work really well. I was going to get the mower but the mower shop guy said you can’t get parts for them. We had a tiny part fall off the strimmer and Screwifix just replaced the whole thing. Total waste when it was just a tiny part from the cutting wire feeder.
So I’ve ordered. Cobra 80v cordless mower.

3 Likes

Part-P Poet in action today :rofl:

5 Likes

Allotment life in top gear this weekend :heart_eyes:

17 Likes