Name that aircraft! 😀

Oooof. F-35. Very nice.

1 Like

Got to be worth £8.5k of anyone’s money😍

It even comes with fake guns and missiles to make it look like Little Nellie.

11 Likes

I love aviation but you couldnt pay me enough to get in that death trap

4 Likes

I’d never trust the man at the controls

4 Likes

I saw the Bond gyrocopter fly at a Shuttleworth airshow in the 70s, flown by the designer, think he was called Ken Wallis, ex RAF pilot and he did the flying in the film. Was absolutely chucking it about and he had speakers to give the machine gun noise. Brilliant and terrifying in equal measure for an 8 year old boy.

12 Likes

Best get that simulator finished as I’ve got you down as TT’s chief test pilot. I see myself more in the Q role.

7 Likes

Yeah im down for that. If im going to die in a plane crash it needs to be in something jet powered, not something with an engine from a lawnmower though

2 Likes

I’d give it a go. Put me down for chief suicide jockey.

4 Likes

A few years ago I was on the roadside in the middle of nowhere taking our triathlon race signage down and Ken Wallis drove past in a ratty Peugeot 205 towing a trailer with Little Nellie on it.

He did live reasonably locally. One of my friends was doing some work at his house and he gave him a tour of the hanger. Then Ken Wallis fired one of his Autogyros up and gave him a private air show.

6 Likes

The Concorde- Race for Supersonic documentary on Channel 4 is worth a watch.

It’s an amazing piece of engineering.

I was aware of the Russian copy, but I didn’t know the extent of the Russian espionage to steal the plans

4 Likes

Thanks will give that a watch. The Russian copy was a bag of ass. It was so noisy.

1 Like

Sat on zoom call and hear helicopter overhead, which isn’t that unusual round here, but it gets louder and louder and doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.

It was hovering for a while then moved off very slowly just above tree level. Think it might be surveying electricity cables as they’re mostly overhead round here.
Ps. I don’t know what those dots are above it, thought it might be crap on my window but can’t see anything and tried a few more pictures but can’t recreate it. One for Sloggers’ thread maybe :thinking:

6 Likes

It looks a bit like the police helicopters that we regularly have overhead. If it’s hovering or circling around an area it usually means there’s some crims being pursued :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The photos aren’t high enough resolution but pretty sure it said something about electricity on the side.

It looks too low to be police, they wouldnt need to go that low as the cameras are good enough to see from height.

Although the national grid helicopters are blue and white

2 Likes

It is National grid and apparently they operate between 35ft & 100ft from the ground.
Ps. Didn’t show up on flight tracker as tried that first.

2 Likes

Wonder why they didnt have the transponder on. Although some stuff doesn’t show on FlightRadar24 is you were using that.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the one.

1 Like

I use adsb exchange now https://globe.adsbexchange.com/

It’s not as flash but show some of the military stuff we get overhead.

3 Likes

Yeah that shows stuff that FR24 often doesnt, especially military. In the “community” there was some ding dong over that site, cant remember exactly what, they did something they always said they wouldnt

1 Like