Name that aircraft! 😀

Cool, here he is:

2 Likes

your wish is my command…

2 Likes

Post on FB yesterday…

2 Likes

Its NATO Joint Exercise Steadfast Defender. There was a carrier group out as well and lots of helicopters near that.

You cant see it here because they arent transmitting their location, but you can see it because there are no other boats anywhere near it

2 Likes

I got sucked into watching the RAF Lossiemouth Typhoons on that tracker yesterday. When you have call signs such as RAMPAG4 and BATMAN

3 Likes

And Obi Two :joy:

2 Likes

That’s Ewan McGreggors brother

3 Likes

The one in your picture has a FLIR pod on the front; which would suggest it’s rather more capable than surveying powerlines. Interesting.

1 Like

Can you tell it’s IR from that or could it just be a camera for looking at the lines in close up?
ETA - Could IR be useful in checking the lines, maybe they heat up if there’s any damage?

1 Like

No I can’t know for sure; but it’s definitely a ‘surveillance’ capable pod.

1 Like

For a time I was qualified & worked on the Wescam version & the zoom capabilities were staggering.

4 Likes

Just got buzzed at about 3000ft…

5 Likes

Yep, definitely looks like an aircraft. Grainy, but A400M Atlas right?

Certain parts of the UK military are really missing the C130. The Atlas is just too big for more subtle stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah A400M, props and massive whale tail, couldnt be anything else.

1 Like

I saw it was doing a circuit round to the airport so got a better shot the next lap. 2000ft this time. (took me ages to format this to fit the forum specs!)

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1765855107185275265

You can’t park there mate

4 Likes

I’m guessing the whole wheel came off but Americans seem to use tire (which they can’t spell either) interchangeably to mean the whole wheel or just the tyre.
I’ve noticed this on some of the car building shows I watch too.

2 Likes

New trouser time.

3 Likes

cockpit of the SR-71 spyplane. Next project for @GRamsay??

9 Likes

No cupholder?

4 Likes