New routes

Did you know of that shortcut? It’s infamous in the club :rofl:

It’s either that, or the Vale Royal golf club “off road” section, then meet the A556 at the blue bridge, then up the segregated cycle path to Davenham, rejoining the route there.

I think the Vale Royal part is worse, as there are more walkers and it’s a bit longer “off road”

The S-Works/Aeroad owners of my club do not like either way :wink:

Nice route but that bit from the locks up to Moulton is tough and that is when I am running :smiley:

I would have gone left instead of right when coming out of Cuddington to get onto Hodge Lane and headed into Hartford then down School Lane and pick up the cycle path on the bypass from the blue bridge to Davenham.

Makes me want to actually get out on my bike :grinning:

1 Like

Apart from Zwift racing being more time efficient from an exercise point of view, I think just being fed-up with cycling around the local area has stopped me riding outdoors much! It’s a shame, but in an hour I can get so much more TSS done indoors, and the racing aspect makes it more interesting.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Nearly 4 years since i was last out on my bike :upside_down_face:

My circumstances have played a big part in that but as you say indoor cycling is more time efficient and convenient.

Eh?
When was the last bike race/tri you entered?

You have a tonne of trails near you and that Frankenbike to explore on.

I much prefer riding outdoors to inside, even on the same roads.

Yeah I’m similar at the mo. Unless the ride is with other people, in whcih case i either push myself more or just get the social side out of it, then i default to the shed now. Even when the weather is nice, which seems contrary to my ‘normal’ way of thinking.

I just can’t be bothered with thinking up a route, avoiding busy roads etc on my own.

1 Like

Not many trails for biking; it’s all footpaths and farming land around here. Trust me, I’ve tried to string together the Bridleways, but it’s really limited.

1 Like

Just a thought.

I hate to ascribe psychological reasoning to this but for those who cannot be arsed going outside right now, we may be able to blame lockdown.

This is my job and I’m finding ( and the evidence supports it )that anxiety went down for a lot of folks early on but ramped right up recently.

It fits with basic anxiety theory that doing something alien will stress you. The entire world is now alien to our experience and even normal things may become difficult if it’s been a really long time since you did them.

My advice to all our brethren is to get out on the bike or run. Early in lockdown I came across a cyclist being resuscitated and it upset me so much it was a good month or so before I got out again. I’m glad I did because the evidence is emerging that exercise + outside beats exercise alone for mental health. And we need to preserve our sanity in such insane times.

5 Likes