Next weekend in Germany?

I think me vlogging is something the world can manage fine, without!

1 Like

We should start a campaign for this to happen.

Jorgan fights the inferno :grin:

2 Likes

Don’t we have Professor Robert Langdon for that? (he can swim too)

I think @gingerbongo is the budding Micheal McIntyre here.

Back on topic for a moment. I think @joex should start by identifying all the local beer & wine he’s going to try. There are heaps of vineyards close to Frankfurt. There will be some amazing Rieslings there, no doubt. Forget all the crap we get here.

Standby, another exciting Ironman story…

On my way to IM Regensburg in Aug 2011 I stayed overnight in Oppenheim, as I wanted to pick-up a case of wine from one of the few good red-wine places in Germany. I went for an easy 30 min run up through the vineyards on a service road. At the top I couldn’t help myself and picked a few grapes…oh mercy me, they were the most juicy sweet flavoursome I’ve ever eaten. Oh, the ‘Weingut’ was Dr Heyden and the Wine I collected was Cuvee Maximus.

2 Likes

what - massive annoying tw@ :rofl:

1 Like

That will do for me! Im in offseason anyway :sweat_smile::beers:

Started growing my own grapes a couple of years ago. These are from last week:

2 Likes

Updated op and title. Looks like Im there sat/sun.

What are the chances that the quarantine rules will change by then and you’ll be forced to quarantine for 2 weeks at one end or the other? :rofl:

1 Like

Two weeks in a German hotel wouldnt be so bad. Two weeks indoors with my in laws…not so much. :confused:

2 Likes

Spent a year living in Weisbaden several years ago, and a drive with a few stops up along the river would not be a bad way to spend a day, or alternatively I used to enjoy taking the train to Rudesheim which could be worth a day trip

2 Likes

Had my schedule dictated to me in the end and got some time with the family so it was nice in the end.

Basically walked to the stadler museum in Frankfurt, ran around Kelkheim and visited Heidelberg. :+1:

For anyone else finding themselves over there, I can see why running along rhe river was a good suggestion even if I couldnt take it up.

4 Likes

Several different rieslings and pilsners!

1 Like