Nike Zoom Fly/Vaporfly 4 and NEXT% - The Thread

We’ve been trying to decide what colour to paint the back wall in our lounge room. We’ve got all sorts of test patches on there and it looks like a kid high on sugar has found the paint cupboard.

Can’t imagine why I suddenly thought of that…? :laughing:

Forget these leaderboard & yearly training total threads. I want to see a list of what some you have spent on Nike shoes in the last 12 months. I betting some of you will be grimacing if you add it up.

I will play, and say I have bought 2 pairs (ZF FK & VF4%) which I expect to last well into next year for the ZFs and the VFs will last all next year too. £256.

Time to 'fess up.

1 Like

Absolutely zero.

Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit

£55.58

one full price zoom fly
Blue bargain £55 zoom fly
Another pair of blue zoom fly for the wife
4% at £102

So yeah just over £300 :flushed:

Why would you ask such a question! :flushed:

It started for me with the original VF FK 4% pair I bought in the 30% off storewide black friday sale last year. I think that might have been what started the thread on TT1.0? They were my first pair of Nike runners ever. Since then, well…

Nov '18 - black friday VF FK 4% - £146.96 (200km on these)
Apr '19 - discounted VF FK 4% - £167.96 (when I thought they were being discontinued after the release of NEXT% - still new in box)
May '19 - outlet store ZF SP - £52.50 (70km on these - mainly used for club track)
Jul '19 - discounted ZF FK - £55.58 (already retired with >660km on them)
Jul '19 - nearly new ebay VF FK 4% - £65.48 (in my size, so why not. Used these at the 70.3 Worlds)
Oct '19 - Poet’s discount code for VF NEXT% - £215.95 (55km on these)
Oct '19 - second pair of discounted ZF FK £55.57 (already have 125km on these)

So a total of precisely £760. Bugger me! :see_no_evil::joy:

Then again, I’ve not really bought anything else this year. No major bike purchase. No new wetsuit, or anything like that, so in the grand scheme of things, probably a light year in terms of equipment purchases! And it kind of makes sense in a heavy year of running, as per the 2019 annual stats thread.

3 Likes

Ha ha ha - pales into insignificance to other spending :wink:

4% @ £210
4% @ £176
Blue fly knits @ £56
Zoom Fly SP @ £38

My Zoom structure are over a year old.

Total £480.
About a tenth of the price of a medium Chanel Boy bag.

1 Like

In the summer - Blue FlyKnits @ £55 - My favourites.
Last week - Structure 21 @ £51 - These might go back.
Last week - Pegasus 35 @ £51 - Not tried them yet other than walking around London.
Early next year will get some Next% for marathon :grinning:

and 10 x the price of a solid pair of Saucony Rise Isos :wink:

1 Like

M&M Direct specials?
Love some of them for training in

I was just looking quickly for something worth £48 to counter your argument.

I fell out of love with Saucony (kinvara) when they brought in that horrible, horrible ‘pro lock’ band things.

Oh :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I was being serious. I used to buy anything for under £45 for training in.
Then a pair of Saucony Fastwitch for racing in and some of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS for iron distance a few weeks out.

1 Like

I’d be concerned if you were buying £4800 bags; unless your wife played for Real Madrid.

1 Like

Where are you getting these prices from? I’d love a new pair of ZF as I’ve got the originals with a few hundred ks on them. They’re over £100 on the Nike website.

A few months ago Nike must have had excess stock, or the blue colour way wasn’t very popular. I think they had them at around 70 then someone posted a discount code on here!

£330 so far, spread across 4 pairs of shoes.

2 x VF 4% and 2 x ZF

1 pair of 4% which I got in some sale, about £160 I think
1 pair of flyknit when everyone else got a pair cheap £55?

I have just bought a pair of Brooks Adrenaline in the sale though, they’ll be in the loft until they are needed.

I tend to have quite a lot of pairs on the go at once and with doing a lot of trail runs they get as much hammer.

Jeff

I hope you got a big discount on those :sweat_smile:

Shows you how perceptions have shifted doesn’t it. I’m thinking that money for 4 pairs is a steal!

#hypernormalised

Who’s going to take a punt. Zero feedback rating. There are others…:upside_down_face: