Norseman

just as an aside - the General Manager and Race Director for Norseman are also both ITU Tech Officials who I worked with at Pontevedra back in April. 2 really down to earth blokes who just love triathlon in all it’s guises and happy to volunteer their time to ensure athletes get great experiences.

3 Likes

Jorgan … you’ve always needed support, there are no feed stations on the bike and just one at the bottom of zombie hill on the run … nothing has changed in that regard.
If you’re organised, then the support can have a fairly easy day - just arrange where they will see you in advance (Endurancelife were at Dyranut, Geilo and the bottom of Imingfjell which is plenty - so long as you have a flag or other marker to avoid missing each other). The proviso is of course changeable weather but that happens pretty infrequently as the years have demonstrated and you know about it in advance so can plan accordingly.
In essence, you either really want to do Norseman or you don’t. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m not too worried if I never get around to it, as you can tell! Do you need support for Celtman too?

yup, Celtman is part of the same Xtri family so support is needed for the bike and the last part of the run.

I was a TA member back in 2009 and remember you doing it. Do you ever wear the tshirt?

When training I wear all my old race t-shirts - whatever is first out of the drawer. It’s a bit tight and shiny though so mostly becomes just a base layer.

`Louise Minchin was 3rd lady out of the water (and 28th overall) - fair play !

I read somewhere that she was a good swimmer as a kid but gave up in her teens because she didn’t want to get big shoulders…