Office chairs

Thoughts on office chairs. My desk chair at home is ok but after 3 months I realise it’s not great. I’m not going to get one from the office because that’s just too complicated now.

What are people’s thoughts on exercise/balance ball chairs?

Any recommendations For a reasonably priced chair that doesn’t take up tons of space appreciated. Or any little accessory that may help the existing chair.

I got one of these after a few weeks on a plastic chair.
It’s got all the usual adjustments and I can’t knock it for the price.
https://www.viking-direct.co.uk/en/rs-soho-atlas-office-operators-chair-black-fabric-p-3286025

1 Like

I know it’s not what you’re asking, but I highly recommend a stand up desk. Had mine for quite a few years now, takes a little getting used to but once you’re there you realise when you sit back down that the cause of many aches and pains is directly attributed to being seated.

I asked my stepdad to see if he’d do a furlough project of making me one of those desk stands you put on a normal desk to make it a stand up desk. It doesn’t seem to be forthcoming. I’m getting a squirrel feeder instead of that stand at the moment. That was an easier sell :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

I’ve found that a small IKEA Lack table on top of my main table is the perfect height for a standing desk. I’ve started alternating an hour sitting and an hour standing since I haven’t got a particularly good chair at home

Fits an ipad perhaps?

The IKEA ljangfell is superb.
Loads in stock at Warrington :+1:t3:

The good news is my stepdad has started on a design and build of a stand to make a stand up desk. It’s giving his brain a good furlough task so it’s quite cool.

Just having to field all the questions that go with it :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Hows it going?

Im also thinking about chairs/stools - I have a worktop set up at standing height, but I cant stand all day. Ill probably lounge in the garden a bit when the weathers good, but when it rains and the seasons turn…

It’s in work. Heading there this weekend so sure I’ll see it in progress.

If redundancy does hit post furlough I’ve told him to note material and time costs and we’ll get an Etsy page setup for all his “products”.

2 Likes