Outlaw half - Nottingham

Ha, could have done, but it did look the same when I finished the bike too :wink:

1 Like

4th quickest bike split including relays & elites!

To be fair, I looked at the results, and the times generally seemed a bit slower, so I donā€™t think it was all you.

Happy with swim distance if think you were slower than expected? Only seen three Strava posts but all 2000-2100

Donā€™t think thereā€™s a thread for the more recent Outlaw halfā€™s but Iā€™ve just seen OSB are reopening spots for the new date of June 20th

March 17th.

I could be tempted but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll be that popular at home as itā€™s the week after Staffs

I know which one Iā€™d rather be doing :speak_no_evil::rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™m sticking with this date rather than deferring again. Which reminds me, I really need to try and find somewhere to stay

Have they emailed anyone with this new date? I deferred from 2020ā€™s cancelled event but Iā€™ve received nothing telling me the date has moved from May to late June.

Perhaps check your junk folder.

From looking on their Facebook page they made the decision to delay it on the 26th of Feb then announced the new date on March 1st

Hmmm Iā€™m not seeing an email. Iā€™ll drop them a line, thanks.

Anyone racing the full in July?

Unless things go awry, iā€™m planning on volunteering on one of the bike feed stationsā€¦ so fully available for motivation/abuse*

*delete as appropriate

The email was quite a while ago. If you had an entry to May, youā€™ll now be automatically in for June. The deadline to request one of the other options was yesterday I believe

1 Like

Me. Swim is going to be a case of survival.

1 Like

On the wait list for a charity slot. Plan B is to do Castle to Coast, same weekend.

Got an entry for the half. Rolled the dice tempting fate with Staffs and Outlaw on consecutive weekends :grimacing:

Best pack your waterproofs @stenard

4 Likes

:man_facepalming:

The only other time someone told me they were cursed with bad weather was the ETU multisport champs in Ibiza. They werent doing the aquathlonā€¦non-wetsuit and glorious. They were doing the middle distance. Cue biblical scenes. This was posted in the GB fb group from someone driving to the start ā€¦ this road was the course :joy:

So I now never dismiss people being truly cursed. Grrr!

2 Likes

Running away to your mama eh @Adam

Understandable though with a Lionel-esque figure like me coming out to play in the Cotswolds

2 Likes

Toying with the Half, but then I forgot how much events cost :rofl:

Probably gonna be soft and stick to more local events

1 Like

Hahaha the thought of GB running me down around that water park has sent me packing to Nottingham :rofl:

@stenard

That pic is basically Nottingham 2019

Tbf Iā€™ve only really truly awful weather in 4 triathlons :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

That photo is on my way to my cycle buddies house.
Also, the A34 bypass near me well and truly floods!!!
This is where I do my 5/10km TT running efforts

Erm, before Outlaw 2019, Iā€™d only had rain at one previous event. (Iā€™ve had snow, but thatā€™s fun!)

Hmmā€¦Outlaw half is tempting if Staffs ainā€™t gonna happenā€¦but the cost :anguished::sob:

1 Like