Pro Cycling 2022 Season

Thought I would get this going as the “real” racing starts soon…

3 Likes

Assume the Bernal conversation will move over here now, if so, he must have hit the bus at some pace judging by the dent left behind. I originally thought he was on a solo road but it looks like at least three Ineos riders with him

1 Like

Looking forward to the World CX this weekend. With no MvdP or WvA you’d think it was wide open for Pidcock but he looks like he’s lacking something atm & the Fayetteville course doesn’t look like suiting him.

Should be a great 60mins.

2 Likes

No WvA? I thought he was only turning up at the World Cup to tune up the the World Champs. I know MvdP has been injured, but WvA has been on a mission in the races I’ve seen. Pidcock less so, but he has the Ineos team to get him to peak right… He certainly got it right for the Olympics.

4 Likes

Iserbyt won again on the weekend didn’t he? He’s had the beating to Tom a fair few times.

I also thought that WVA had opted to take a short break before the world’s.

1 Like

Iserbyt cared about World Cup points, Pidcock only cares about the World Champs, confident he will be on another level at the weekend, but still couldn’t see him beating WvA.

1 Like

WvA cba going across to the USA. He’s looking to hit the ground running for the earlier Spring Classics.

2 Likes

Wee Tom’s got it in the bag………hopefully

Place your bets:

1 Like

Translation of Bernal’s surgery. Poor bugger.

2 Likes

Nothing like patient confidentiality eh?! :wink: :joy:

What’s that in English then?

3 Likes

Like the bookies I’m all in for a Pidcock win, but if I was a betting man I’d be tempted to put a little something on Laurens Sweeck.

:rofl:
He must have authorised that, at least I would hope so.

That femur fracture sounds horrible. He must have been realy travelling.

1 Like

Sounds like similar magnitude to Froome’s injuries. Long road back, but he is young, so hopefully not career ending

2 Likes

Nice bite size clip.

1 Like

The concern has to be the back issues he has had prior to this happening.

Although I would love to see him back challenging and winning, let’s just firstly hope for full recovery and being able live normally.

1 Like

Wasn’t sure where to put this but a bit concerning if this kind of thinking gathers momentum and someone in authority sees the chance to make a name for themselves.

1 Like

I read that yesterday, and part of me agrees with him.

At the very least, we have to deal with terrible roads and moronic motorists. In my case, I simply didn’t have the bike handling skills to match my engine and bike, and previously did myself a mischief.

1 Like

Yeah, he certainly has a point and my concern is not so much that he’s wrong but that someone gets hold of this (a red top paper for example) and next thing you know is there’s a campaign to ban them.
I ride mine in the summer but I live out in the sticks and only on roads I’m familiar with.

1 Like

I think there’s a difference between the positions we’re likely to be in, and the extreme positions that TP speaks of.

You look at how high above the handlebars their aero bars sit. That’s got to be seriously unstable.