Pro Cycling 2022 Season

The thing about a TT bike is that when you are travelling at your fastest your head is likely to be down and your hands are a long way from the brakes.

This is where I disagree, I think you should always have a view ahead, tucking your head right down might save a few watts but the potential consequences are far worse. Didn’t someone break their neck riding into the back of a stationary car recently?
No argument re the brakes though.

3 Likes

Exactly, it’s no different to driving a car and looking down at a phone.
Is it true the pros rely on coaches in earpieces to tell them of corners/riders ahead during TTs?

3 Likes

Brandon Riveira in the same hospital as Bernal after crashing.

Imogen Cotter hit by a car in Spain.

Amy Pieters still in a coma since December

I was planning on going out for a ride this weekend, may stick to the Turbo

5 Likes

Makes sense with the travel requirements hullabaloo.

Have only seen the first lap so far but the XC mixed relay hasn’t been welcomed with open arms quite yet. Not sure if there are restrictions on spectators attending but if there aren’t then pretty much no-one turned up. Same with the competitors, seven teams including a B team for both USA and Canada. Fast looking course, no wet stuff at all.

1 Like

Junior women cyclo-cross on the red button now.

1 Like

20:30 gmt tonight for the Senior ladies, 20:30 gmt tomorrow for the fellas.

Summary

Junior ladies was fantastic earlier

1 Like

WTF did the BBC not take the men as well, showing a repeat of the junior girls?

Listening to these annoying muppets on GCN now… Those americans were much better

Tom v. Belgium

Summary

Will the Belgiums work together?

3 Likes

Loving the deadpan stare of the Deliverance supporter :joy::pig2::joy::pig2:

1 Like

Just tuned in

Think you might have missed it :sweat_smile:

Can Tom do a PFP this season or in the next couple of years? Not sure an Australian road worlds would suit him.

It’s probably better than a lot, repeated pretty steep climbs on both loops.

1 Like

Caught the last 4.5 laps.

1 Like

I would rewind and watch the first 4.5 if you want to see a race…

1 Like

Guess some of it depends what Ineos want to do with him. Apparently Pinarello don’t even make mountain bikes. But being WC and Oly Champ must give you some chips to play.

1 Like

Been reading about the superman finish in Rouler this month, good to see it here

5 Likes