Pro Cycling Live - will contain spoilers

Great ride by Porte to set it up

1 Like

Not sure it’s a winning break yet

1 Like

Funny that the 3 riders got back to the front 3, then Bardet pushes on and the original 3 ride away again

1 Like

Not so sure about Carapaz now

Zipping up his jersey for the finish photo

1 Like

Wow! Photo finish😳

3 Likes

Shocking mistake by Girmay there

But it worked out OK for him in the end :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Needs to work on his prosecco opening skills, or keep his sunglasses on next time

1 Like

Trip to hospital, apparently :open_mouth:

1 Like

I though Vdp was just going to nick it but then he blew. Great win for Girmay. :clap:t4:

Very sporting finish from mvdp

2 Likes

Did he “gift” him the win?
Or just realise he wasn’t gonna beat him?

Either way, Girmay kept his powder dry all day, kept his team with him and MvdP was doing efforts here, there and everywhere.

Brilliant to see :clap:t3::1st_place_medal:

1 Like

Anyone know what this is about ? They havent covered it in the highlights yet - im 30 mins behind though.

Nah, his legs just went pop I think. He was pulling up alongside, but that last little injection just blew his legs.

No idea there @GRamsay. Wasn’t mentioned on the long GCN highlights.

2 Likes

Phew!
I enjoyed the thumbs up :+1:t3:

I was telling my wife that Girmay looked the best of the bunch :dark_sunglasses:

Right, analysis time on Quest now!

MVdP can afford to sit up when he knows he isn’t going to win. He’s so damned talented that he knows he’s got plenty of big wins in him, so he doesn’t have to worry about chasing minor placings

1 Like

In the previous stage Lopez apparently threw a bidon at Oomen, a teammate of Dumoulin. Yesterday Dumoulin saw the camera was on him and pretended to throw his at Lopez. There is a clip of it out there where you can see him chuckling after putting it back in its cage

5 Likes

Nah MvdP was well beaten and he knew it.

Girmay DNS today due to the :champagne: :eye: incident :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Was just gonna ask about that, I’m out of articles on CyclingNews and CyclingWeekly doesn’t have the story yet.

I’m guessing you’ve got that from Twitter ?

3 Likes

Thanks. I googled but couldn’t find anything.

I saw it on IG. Pic of him outside the hospital with an eye bandage saying he was unlikely to start tomorrow

1 Like