Pro race chat (Tri)

Always came across as a decent fella, and I always had a soft spot for the Uber bikers like Hellriegal before him.

Slightly weird to announce your retirement 2 years in advance though.

5 Likes

Always loved Sebi. Always seems to sparkle with good humour and love his liberal use of the word ‘fucked’ in his German accent.

Reading between the lines he’s using this ‘last two years’ to aid motivation, which sounds like it’s been a bit patchy.

The second year sounds like some sort of farewell tour after a last proper go at the World champs next year.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ll be sad to see him go. Sebi was the up and comer when I First got into the sport and I always liked him.
Similarly when was in Cascais I was excited to see Andreas Realert had a spot on the pro bike racks for the 70.3 but he never started. Always had a soft spot for him too especially given how close he came to winning Kona on such a regular basis.
I see on his website he’s still talking about another crack at Kona but he’s 45 and apart from his second in Hawaii in 2015 I can’t remember his last noteworthy performance

1 Like

Sorry to try and drag the forum back on topic - but there is actual triathlon happening now on iPlayer:

Women to follow.

Hopefully I will get a chance to watch on catch-up this afternoon. Too many interruptions right now.

2 Likes

Just starting now

Just sat down for the women.

LCB yo-yoing, can’t take the corners fast enough

Pfft.

This thread is all about the meta, boomer.

Shame Beaugard isn’t amongst the leaders, she’s, er, nice to look at……

……for a great bike position of course :wink:

And where’s bloody Knoffler……?

5 Likes

LCB is in dire straits if that helps?

1 Like

French and Italian squad are… I’ll get me hashtag.

Did I see her leading the chase pack, unlikely to catch up methinks?

1 Like

on her own in nowomansland

1 Like

If she TTs the bike and podiums off this it would be hilarious. Unlikely with that lead group(!)

GTB is the one to watch, she had a very fast leg in the xc relays a couple of weeks ago

2 Likes

LCB solos to 6th at T2, 25s ahead of the chase pack

Looking like a good call

1 Like

Dropped back into the chase pack now though, probably wise.

Duffy is storming it, GTB in with a chance though.

Duffy pulling away again

1 Like

Good race that, lots going on.

Think LCB needs a longer swim to really put the hurt on and get fully amongst the lead pack. But her lack of bike skills is really apparent, they were going round a Grand Prix track and she was shelled on corners.

3 Likes