Pro race chat (Tri)

There’s no chance Brownlee is going sub7.
At least not with all of his kit intact.

Or is that Huubs new marketing slogan?

“Kit that lasts for a sub7”

:joy::see_no_evil:

4 Likes

AB is solid and is bigger than you think, met him a few times and beers with him at Challenge Samorin where where pulled out on the run.

4 Likes

Just what I found online somewhere. Maybe he took a big dump before this weight in :wink:

then again he’s growing and shrinking at the same time here

5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) 155 lb (70 kg) Build: Lean Sport: Triathlon Peak Training Weight: 165-170 lb (75–77 kg; 12–13 kg).

:joy:

2 Likes

:smiley:

EDIT

It’s US 7, which is UK 6. :sob: They’ve caught me out with that before.

1 Like

Assume his brother must be one of the remaining 2, as he could cover swim and some/most of the run? Varga not a bad shout - over 3.8km that could equate to a fair chunk of time as he’s going to be quicker than Jonny in open water. I think Varga did a half/full recently too so still in the game.

Interestingly Macca said LCB (before she got injured) wasn’t going to bother with a swim pacer at all in order to have an extra body for bike and run.

4 Likes

I see Matt Botrill is managing the TT team for Team Blu

This is all a bit of good advert for the regard that the UK TT scene is held in. Wonder if this will get any coverage in Cycling Weekly?!

5 Likes

Hope they’ve all got working front and rear lights :smiley:

9 Likes

No need for transition racking. Just some doddery old boys holding their bikes and giving a push……

8 Likes

Didn’t Matt do some tri’s a few years ago?

Pretty sure he did Outlaw half

Yep he did

He did have a dabble. He did a couple of interviews with @Rooster at the time.

I was wondering whether the TTT announced was the shortlist and they end up with 1 pacer on the swim, I would pick Varga. Then have 2-3 on the run, Jonny could be one of them. It’s a lapped course so he could run a lap or two and swap with another pacer, same with the bike pacers. I think he should have 2 running in front him with them being side by side.

1 Like

I know there’s a draft benefit in swimming but not sure if it gets better the more people like cycling?

Vaguely recall reading something that suggested being around the lead person’s waist seemed optimal.

Given the way pro races get strung out I’m guessing that might be a reasonable.

Yeah, you wanna be in the bow wave of who you’re drafting.
Not on their feet. :+1:t3:

the commentator on super league at the weekend said the waist actually slows them all down. then again they said a lot with little substance.
From my experiences there is some gain sitting on feet, but its not as much as the “experts” will have you believe and sitting on the waist can actually mean you end up running into each other more and clashing arms, which isn’t optimal.

1 Like

Yes, they’d need to be well disciplined to keep it around the waist without clashing

1 Like

Don’t let Harry Wiltshire near

3 Likes

Unless it’s on KBlum’s team :wink:

1 Like

Or Ali B (apparently) :joy:

1 Like