Quality Slowtwitch/IMJ Threads

I’m sure it was optimised for aero!

2 Likes

There was a whole thread on it years ago.
And the holsters they used for aeroness.
Absolute nutcases. (Not Americans, Slowtwitchers)

1 Like

this was discussed on pathetic triathletes (I’m not a member by “Dan” is) and I trolled them about living in a civilised culture and such. It’s also been on some ultra groups . They are all fucking nuts.

1 Like

The other thing he always did was distance himself from Training Peaks. Anyone asked him about that and he would say I dont work there, never have, nothing to do with me. Despite being a principle consultant for them

1 Like

Wasn’t there a classic ST thread about someone taking a comfort break on the bike, but it was number 2 and not a number 1?

2 Likes

Not a juicy one, but they seem to get far more Testosterone/doping threads on ST. The stuff seems way more accessible over there…

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Testosterone_Pellets__P6938675/?page=unread#unread

How long before anti-ageing drugs become more prevalent here?

I just can’t read beyond the first sentence let alone the first post:

“…given by their naturopath. ”

What the fuck is a naturopath? (Rhetorical question) They all deserve each other over there.

Tired during IM training.
Well boo-fucking-hoo

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Tired_during_IM_training_P6939228/

2 Likes

They’ve got a thread in this, which is hilarious. Old guy marathon cheater story.

https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=9307635

1 Like

He learned the mat placements.
They hunted him down real good

Ah man that’s a long thread!!! I skipped pages 2 through 43 and still got the gist of it. Glad to see Derek weigh in at the end and write a piece on it

The best thing about those Twitchhunt & marathon cheating threads are the absolute batsh1t crazy responses from the guilty parties. I always wonder what sort of person would cheat just to say they’ve completed a race when they haven’t and the behaviour when they get caught gives a slightly scary insight into that question. God only knows what they are like in their other walks of life.

2 Likes

Yes that is the best. Some just double down and continue the lie. If they owned up immediately the pitch forks would be lowered and everyone would forget about it. Instead it spawns pages of everyone turning Colombo trying to unearth the truth,

One of my favourite ones on the marathon site was the woman who went back out in the afternoon and created a fake garmin trace on her bike. She was eventually caught out completely when he purchased the hi-res finish line photo of her and zoomed in on her Garmin showing the actual time/distance recorded on the run.

3 Likes

Ha ha ha - that’s quite funny.

Back in 2012-ish I used to amend some Strava files to p!$$ my colleague off; I hunted the co-ordinates for his segments, ran them, downloaded the GPX, then slightly amended the times.
I used to crack me up watching him go back out to beat those segment times

The whole thread is a bit like being on the inside of a schizoid episode!

Some people seem to generate new usernames for almost every post they make, and then converse with themselves.

The OP says they have one username when they started posting and another when posting from their phone. WTF?

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

He’s getting up at 3am to do a bike ride and he wonders why he’s tired? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Sounds to me like he didn’t realise how much commitment it takes…and his family aren’t happy about it.
But, isn’t he going to be lousy to be around all day if he is getting up at 3am to ride and then spend time with his family?

Silly boy - Kona just isn’t worth that!

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

1 Like

Is he going to Kona?
Reads like he’s just tired

1 Like