Rant rant rant

There used to be on on TT1.0 so here goes…

Why the f#ck do bike shops put pedals on so tightly? By design, the cant undo when pedalling. They simply don’t need to be on that tight. After a service I now can’t get them f#cking off and so can’t pack my bike up for my race. Thank god I tried to do it tonight so can go see them in the morning and finish the packing tomorrow night. Screws up my Wednesday evening though.

F#cking idiots! :angry::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

God yes!!! This happened to me last week. Had to use a borrowed long arm tool to finally get them off. Insane.

Do your pedal nuts have arrows on them?

:innocent:

The first rule of Rant club is you don’t comment on rants :wink:

4 Likes

Grrrrrrrr
After f#cking ages of trying, I finally got one off. But then on the second one the pedal wrench slipped as I was having to put so much force through and f#cked both my pedal wrench and my pedal.

At least I can pack the bike but I’m going to have to nick the pedals off my road bike and now buy a new set for the TT. F#cking bike shops :angry::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Stenard, don’t the pedals have a hex bolt on the other side? I have a very good pedal spanner but have always found if there is a hex bolt as well, they come easier using that. I bought one of those long handled Park Tolol 8mm P wrenches for this purpose.

WHY THE HELL DO FULLY GROWN ADULT MEN CHILDREN STILL USE FUCKING LYNX AFRICA AS A DEODORANT???

AND SPRAY IT ON THEIR BALLS?

THEN DRY THEM WITH A HAIRDRYER?

(Body seems unclear, is this a complete sentence?)

2 Likes

Yes, which I realised after I’d got it off but screwed the pedal. I’ve never used a hex on pedals before, mainly because I never over tighten them so the pedal wrench is more than adequate. Lesson learnt however.

I always use the hex but having to remember one is a left and one is a right handed thread but you’re undoing them from the back so do you have to reverse that always hurts my head :crazy_face:

1 Like

2ND RULE OF RANT CLUB IS - YOU MUST USE ALL CAPS FFS !

AND WHY OH WHY DOES THE FREAKIN FORUM SOFTWARE NOT LIKE THE POST AND RESPONDS WITH “Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?” FFS

3 Likes

WHY THE FECK IN 2019 DO PEOPLE STILL USE PEDAL SPANNERS, INSTEAD OF THE HEX KEY?

:smile:

3 Likes

:triumph:

THAT BLOKE WHO STARTED SWIMMING Breastroke IN THE FAST LANE, THEN AS SOON AS HE REALISED I WAS TRYING TO PASS HIM - WENT INTO FLAT-OUT FRONT CRAWL. #Bellend

5 Likes

PEOPLE WHO SAY “I CAN’T WAIT” FOR WHATEVER IT IS THEY ARE WAITING FOR. WELL GUESS WHAT? YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE TO FUCKING WAIT UNTIL THE DATE/TIME AREN’T YOU! GRRRR.

AND OH YEH - FURBABIES. JUST FUCK OFF WITH THAT SHITE. IT’S A DOG/CAT/WHATEVER PET NOT A BLOODY FURBABY

(it is BOGOF day??)

1 Like

PEOPLE WHO DON’T USE COPPER SLIP PASTE ON THEIR PEDAL THREADS TO STOP THEM SEIZING. (hindsight is great :wink: )

3 Likes

(I do. I think the latent paste on the spindle and crank thread is the only reason I managed to get them off at all. I honestly cant describe how much force I had to put through a long arm Park Tool pedal wrench to get them off)

As long as you still have the skin on your knuckles!

I had to resort to drilling a pedal out on a MTB we were selling many years ago - nothing would shift the bugger! that was my lesson learnt in not overtightening so these days, it’s barely fingertight and greased

My pedals have arrows on them telling you which direction, and I always use the hex drive side with a long arm tool and its never a problem.

It’s no fun reading rants and not goading them. :cry: