Rant rant rant

And to apologise for nearly sliding to death

1 Like

Oh terribly sorry, do you mind, could I possibly - yes just dislodge that rock for me… thanks very much, very good of you…

AAAAAAA aaaaghhhhhh

💨 

•
   •
   •

||
   ||
   ||
   ||
   ||
   ||
   ||
   ||
   ||
   ||

•

((🚶‍♂️))

:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:____________ :evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree::evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree:

1 Like

Ranting on behalf of a twitterer I follow. A Doctor had his second bike in a month stolen from his hospital parking lot by cutting through the fixed “U” locking point … or is that actually an “n” . No CCTV covering the area. The police have responded by saying “he shouldn’t have an expensive bike if he doesn’t want it stolen” this wasn’t a BSO, it was a reasonable commuter bike, but not what we’d call expensive. So don’t have things if you don’t want them stolen. With the massive increase in cycling over the past few years, surely its time to provide more secure locking points, at least covered by CCTV as well (not that CCTV will stop anyone but may make some opportunists think twice).

16 Likes

Was going to zwift through a company all hands meeting. PC won’t turn on, moved it to a new socket, nothing, changed the fuse, nothing.

Suspect the PSU has unexpectedly died :frowning:

3 Likes

Just found another hole in a pair of jeans that I fixed a hole in the crotch of. This one is the seam at the arse.

I suspect these jeans may have had it. I guess I have worn them most days for at least 2 years now… I can’t actually remember when I got them, but it would have been pre-pandemic.

2 Likes

Just got my TT bike back. Its not perfect, but my mate has done the best he can in the time he had. It works, that’s the main thing.

But it’s raining and windy so I can’t take it out for a quick spin to test. Doesn’t seem like ideal conditions for my first ever ride with a disc! :joy:

Wedding this weekend so no opportunity to ride until next week. Need to do a proper kit test session, so need to be reasonably on form. Which means probs not until Wed as I’m likely to still be suffering on Mon and Tues as my hangovers seem to like lasting bloody ages these days! :joy: :man_facepalming:t3:

7 Likes

I laid 13 bricks yesterday. Today I can barely lift my right arm. Is this what middle age has in store?

6 Likes

How long before Katie Price stops getting let off and doing as she pleases :rage:

She could join the conservatives!

3 Likes

Soon hopefully. I don’t understand how she still lives in a mansion and drives fancy pink cars while being bankrupt and banned from driving.

4 Likes

No, and apparently this time she has been let off because she did “understand” the restraining order. What ever happened to Ignorantia juris non excusat

4 Likes

I think she employed the defence of Twatus Ignoramus

4 Likes

Sigh :face_exhaling:

She hasn’t been “let off”
She’s doing 5 weeks of community service.

All her other offences she’s also been charged with.

She didn’t require a defence, as she admitted guilt.

Kieran Hayler wasn’t part of the restraining order.
She contacted him, to tell him to “tell your f’ing girlfriend to…” which was seen (rightly so) as an attempt at indirectly contacting Michelle Penticost.

So whilst she didn’t directly contact the “gutter sl#g” she did attempt to pass a message to her.

I can see where she’s misunderstood the order on that point. (Ignoring the language and tone used, which is bad)

Regarding the “Mucky Mansion” and cars.
She was in an IVA, couldn’t keep up with the payments, so her creditors filed for bankruptcy.
Her debt at the time was £3mn
She had no assets other than the cars and house.
The cars are used for work, which could be used to settle the debts.

I’m guessing here but…I’m sure the creditors wanted something rather than nothing. Right?
In a “normal” state the Mucky Mansion is alleged to be worth £3mn.
Therefore, by allowing her to stay there, renovate it (courtesy of Channel 4 and a £45k fee) and perhaps sell it in future, the creditors will realise at least some of their debt?

There. Happy?

2 Likes

No, you have torn apart our Daily Mail rage with facts.

10 Likes

Why do you even know this? :joy:

10 Likes

No idea on the rules of bankruptcy fortunately but it seems to me that she doesn’t need a house that big so why not get her to sell that and pay off some of what she owes and downsize?

Is that a rant? :wink:

Closer magazine, her documentary on C4 about her house, various other tit-bits of information from other shows.
News in general, etc etc.

She really doesn’t need jailing, she needs mental help (which she also states she’s been having)

Driving the RR-SVR off her tits and rolling it was not only not a good look, it was downright dangerous…

…but you look at footballers who have done the same/similar
Ronaldo totalling his £200k car in the airport tunnels (they are straight, visibility is great and they have a 50mph limit, people also cycle through them, on the road, as the cycle path is covered in horse poop)
No way he was doing 50mph.

Then look at what Jack Grealish, et al., were doing during lockdown - not much “lambasty” for that, was there?

It seems there’s a special vitriol reserved for female “celebrities” which isn’t afforded to males :shrug:

@Symes - The mansion is/was a wreck at the time. Probably worth £1.2mn, so (and I’m guessing here) she’s doing it up, when it’ll be worth £3mn and then everyone is happy - creditors get some money back, blah blah blah.

2 Likes

I couldn’t gaf about either. No idea what she has done, or Jack Grealish! :joy: It simply doesn’t interest me, or wind me up.

6 Likes

That’s exactly what my first thought was. Very impressed with @Poet KP knowledge :man_student:

Edit: and then you reply @Poet with more detailed knowledge about other celebrities!!

8 Likes

What’s her FTP though?

Changing tyres on El Niños cross bike for his tri tomorrow and the new Vittora tyres just wouldnt go on, to the point i checked 3 times size was correct. After breaking 2 levers and losing more skin than i care to lose i gave up and took the two 4 seasons off my fixie and put them on, then Vittorias went onto fixie wheels without an issue. So 2 tubes, 2 tyre levers and a lot of skin later his bike is running, but even worse ive found a crack on my fixie seat tube :pensive: i love that bike. In 8 years its cost me 2 new tyres, changed front ring once to a 42, and a couple of sprockets and chains is all for <£300 brand new. Its steel so i could get it fixed maybe but N + 1

10 Likes