Rant rant rant

Who has a coin lying around???

I’ve an actual scar of my chest from the raggedy battery slot scratching me to bits over months

Who doesn’t have a box of change lying around???

2 Likes

I’ve got lots of coins, and also a special 2p to open these HR monitors and other things. Hadn’t realised the battery would also fit as well in some cases.

1 Like

I’ve been using Wrist HR last few days, but it’s not brilliant; especially when you actually start exercising! I find it generally massively over or under reads.

and @JeffB

2 Likes

I may just be lucky but the Tickrs I have had lasted a lot longer than year. One strap did have the press stud fall off after 11 months and Wahoo sent out a new tickr so I have a ‘spare’ transmitter bit. I know it sounds like I have just contradicted myself but I had one before that lasted longer and this transmitter is coming up to 2 years. Garmin HRMs were not robust IME.

THEY’RE ALL SHITE! In my experience. The Polars were the best, but not used Polar for a few years now.

2 Likes

WHERE HAVE I PUT MY SLIPPERS?

Never mind. Found them.

3 Likes

All I’m getting from this thread is “How does Poet pay his window cleaner?”

Oh and Wahoo HRMs are shite

1 Like

Window Cleaner is £11.50 for three storeys and loads of windows.
He has an iZettle machine - so I either it with my watch or phone.
Previous one I just set up a standing order.

What happened to a leather pouch full of change? If I suggested to our Bob he gets an iZettle machine he’d probably just shake his head and walk off! Far too old school.

2 Likes

That’s a bargain! £18 here for a bog std semi. I swapped my window cleaner as the original guy would only do every 4wks or 6wks.

I wanted every 12wks and the ability to call for an ad hoc clean for when we have royalty visit, which is what the current one will do. It’s the std, ‘brush on a long pole’ set up.

1 Like

these are three four guys with ladders, proper clean water.
I hate those re-used water ones, as the water is never clean and your windows end up looking awful.

When we lived in Manchester, we had one of them and were never impressed.

It was a tenner in Knutsford for a 3-bed semi.
Every 6 weeks now, as they’re really busy because of Covid?! Not sure how that works?
It should be every four weeks

I agree but I hate being up a ladder and nobody seems to do the old way here.

1 Like

So do I - that’s why I pay someone!

1 Like

Agree. Part of my personal rules to live by: I don’t go up long ladders and I don’t go on roofs.

1 Like

I’ll go up onto my garage flat roof. Thats where it ends.

1 Like

I love the opportunity to get up a ladder / clamber up a tree / be on a roof. But then i don’t seem to have ever lost those youthful impulses. Was talking to a friend about it the other day. Like i cant pass a doorway or my new garden arch without swinging on it, or pulling myself up. Similarly if i need to get something from the other side of the bed, i don’t walk around, but diving forward roll over the top!

It drives my wife crazy when we’re in the kitchen as i’m always swinging in between the worktops and stuff as well!

6 Likes

PULLED A TINY MUSCLE IN MY WRIST - IT’S AGONY - SO CAN’T RIDE, GOLF OR SELF CARE FFS. WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?

1 Like