Rant rant rant

I’d actually have that on the I love thread :roll_eyes:

1 Like

FUCK OFF FIRSTDIRECT BLOCKING A TRANSACTION FROM MY ACCOUNT TO MY REVOLUT CARD. HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES HAVE I DONE THIS BEFORE? GETTING ON TO ABOUT A 100?? BUT NO YOU DECIDE TO BLOCK IT AS A POSSIBLE FRAUDALENT TRANSACTION. WHAT A WASTE OF MY FUCKING TIME TO CALL YOU TO CORRECT THIS. SORT YOUR FUCKING ALGORITHMS OUT TO STOP PREFECTLY NORMAL TRANSACTIONS. WANKERS.

ARE THESE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT KEEP TURNING UP THE HEATING AND WEARING SUMMER CLOTHES, OR MAYBE NEVER TURNING OFF ALL THE UNNEEDED LIGHTS. Life as a husband/father/both :sweat_smile::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ah man I had this with HSBC when I was trying to top up my household account. They blocked the same transaction 3 times and kept locking my account out. It left my main overdrawn by thousands.

When I was living in Sydney, I took a sabatical from work and went to live in Colombia for a while. I used my Amex over there without issue (didn’t notify them).

Came back home to Sydney, bought a new fridge about a month later when I was moving house, BAM card blocked by Amex for ‘unusual activity’.:open_mouth:

despite First Direct being a subsid of HSBC they’re like a different bank. we’ve had business accounts with HSBC and they have been a right PITA, but FD (our personal account) have been fine over many years with very few problems - but this one earlier got under my skin so I had to call to get it sorted and ripped their Fraud Dept to shreds for being fucking inane. I told the (very apologetic) person at the other end to throw the issue upstairs and get their algorithms sorted. but I managed to keep my cool and not swear at him - he’s only doing a job and not the decision maker.

partly the problem is the amount of card scams going on - and with Revolut being one of the newer challenger banks that are app only, they are being targeted. they even have a warning on their app log in page about card scams and how to avoid.

Very true, I ended up with £100 comp for the HSBC balls up and then I switched to FD. No issues so far with them.

what I like about FD is that you can - if needed - still talk to a real human who a) is very helpful, and b) is in a UK call centre so understands you. that’s no disrespect to those in Indian call centres, some of who are very good, but you know what I mean.

we’re only hanging on to our HSBC business account until we get paid out for the sale of our business last year - and then bye fucking bye.

oh for the old days when you could walk into your local branch and talk direct to someone who knew you and your business and your account. hey ho

FD ballsed up my application - lost it and made me apply again.
Even though it was already on my credit file.

I cancelled the application, asked them to perform a CRA (Credit Reference Agency Amendment - removing the search from my file) and to compensate me.

I received the joining bonus (for not joining) of £100 and also the £100 leaving bonus (the if you don’t like us after 6 months, we will pay you to leave)

FD are not infallible, just their customers are generally more “moneyed” than those of other banks; so tend to be more educated and know how to do things, without getting a charge/cock-up (usually customer error)

1 Like

THIS ISN’T A BANKING THREAD

4 Likes

I THOUGHT RUNNING WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SUPER LIGHT ON KIT, AND MILES EASIER TO PREP FOR A RACE COMPARED TO A TRI? TURN UP IN YOUR RACE KIT AND RUN. END OF.

I’VE GOT HALF OF MY ENTIRE ATHLETIC/OUTDOORS WARDROBE PACKED UP!

5 PAIRS OF SOCKS, 4 JACKETS, 3 PAIRS OF GLOVES, MULTIPLE SHORTS AND T SHIRTS AND BASE LAYERS ETC. PLUS ENOUGH CALORIES TO FEED THE 5,000!!

2 Likes

Parkrun tomorrow?

5 Likes

Yeah, worried it’ll be cold :wink:

NO NO NO.

MY DAUGHTER’S SCHOOL HAS JUST CALLED TO SAY SHE’S BEEN SICK AND I HAVE TO COLLECT HER. 24 HRS BEFORE MY A RACE!!! I DO NOT NEED A SICKNESS BUG RIGHT NOW. WHERE’S MY HAZMAT SUIT?!

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

I wouldn’t go, surely they can’t kick her out on the street?

Worst thing is she’s bright as a bloody button now. But off for 48 hrs. So now I have childcare issues and illness to contend with. My wife is gonna be super chuffed!

Aargh, do you not have a medical faculty that can give you a shot of something?

I think there’s been mumps round here :grimacing:

I’m at home!

This is not what I need. Though the little one seems fine now. If she passes it to her sister and my wife is at home with two suck kids on her own this weekend. I’m not gonna be popular! And she’s gonna have got take tmw off work. :grimacing:

What is this A Race in December?

Santa Dash? https://www.gosh.org/get-involved/fundraising-events/london-santa-dash?&msclkid=2c42b3c6feb51f54b4a1ee2fdcdbb653&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Santa_Dash_Last_Chance_2019%20-%20Bing_Search&utm_term=santa%20dash&utm_content=Santa%20Dash

:rofl: