Rant rant rant

Wife and kids are away today and tonight and I forgot to get dinner in.

Pondering wether I can be arsed to wak to Waitrose. Its about 2 miles away. Otherwise its Tescoes Express.

We do have those electric scooters here to hire. Could go and find one of those.

1 Like

Fire up the pizza oven!

6 Likes

If your Tesco Express is like mine… Waitrose!

1 Like

Don’t you have autonomous robots?

2 Likes

Can you eat them? :smile:

2 Likes

I didnt order any wood as some said it was a rip off. Not sure anywhere in walking distance sells it.

2 Likes

Yeah but they only deliver from tesco.

Other option is Uber eats from Waitrose.

1 Like

The fucking French

Book an air b&b in Paris. Make the payment then this fucking idiot says he needs our flight times to see if possible. He’s asking us to book our flights before he decides if it’s possible?! Wtaf!?! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: on the site says check in/out any time after etc…

Going to get a fine bottle of French plonk and ram it up his French arse

GF is raging. She was very excited about this apt.

Crazy to book flights around this chump - so we book flights, and then he says no - can’t do that mate

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Screw that I’d find another place

We had a minor irritation with an air b&b place we booked last week.

Wanted €10 in cash as a cleaning fee for bedsheets and towels etc, €15 for two nights - wife was raging :rofl:

2 Likes

Didnt go to waitrose. Got a disappointing looking ribeye from Tescoes. I would make Bearnaise sauce but not sure its worthy of it. Might make a peppercorn sauce instead.

3 Likes

Yeah abnb is awful for ridiculous charges. Like £50 cleaning charge but you have to clean the house and sheets before you leave. Sure there was a funny website collating them all somewhere.

4 Likes

Best bet is to find places you like on abnb site then Google them and book via another route.

I got messed around by a lady on abnb. She took the booking and the 50% deposit then months later said “oh we’re renovating around that time and may not get done in time, but we can see closer to the time”. I said err no, you need to cancel my booking as you can’t guarantee availability despite taking my money. She was reluctant as the cancellation would appear in her reviews. I simply reported it to abnb and they sorted it in 48 hours, and sent me a branded yoga mat as an apology. So they’re all right in my books, but renters vary in quality of behaviour…

6 Likes

It’s been sorted thankfully. Think he was being fastidious about meeting us because he’s working. Not fussed about that!!

It’s a cheap apt in the 11th arrondissement so it’s ideal. Balcony view etc

:crossed_fingers: no more surprises

Ha! We’re right next to that cemetery :headstone: Jim Morrison etc

9 Likes

I love Paris. Havent been for years though.

Last time we stayed in this great hotel, the name of which escapes me. Had dinner at Fouquets, a favourite of Ian Flemming. The Bèarnaise sauce is served by the bowl full, not the fucking thimball portions you get here.

We went for one of those lunch Seine cruises. We hadnt booked and all was left was the top tier where you got a cocktail, champagne and two bottles of wine. Steaming at lunchtime

5 Likes

Ha! A boat along the Seine had been recommended. I think that’s us sold lol

Fouquets? Thanks I’ll have a Google. Any other suggestions welcome.

… haven’t been for a decade - Louvre is exhausting… remember we went for a meal in one of those massive hall like restaurants in Montmartre - no Montparnese… I think it was Bouillon? queues outside… GF wants to see various film locations etc… her pal has given us a list of places to eat, record shops etc… it’s a great place to walk around so work up an appetite for the steak tartare

2 Likes

We mostly went to Fouquets for the novelty. In one of the Bond novels he is drinking there at the start. But it is really nice, its on the corner of Champs Èlysèe and Av. George V and has terraces with red awnings. Pricey. It was much more impressive to visit in person than Harrys Bar in Venice, which is a dump.

We had a really nice meal at Cafe du Trocadero but that was years ago, no idea if its still as good.

Louve is crap. Too busy and cant see anything. The Mona Lisa is the size of stamp and you need binoculars to see it.

Well judging by the prices I’m guessing that was not a frequent visit! :flushed:

Ha ha! The Louvre is amazing. It’s exhausting but the Mona Lisa is a very over rated painting. The rooms of Corot, Courbet - oh no, Chardin I mean, think all the Courbet is in musse d’orsay - etc make up for it

1 Like

Harry’s bar - was that the place in Brideshead Revisited?

1 Like

I’m definitely going here!

2 Likes

Yes. It was also a favoured haunt of Ernest Hemingway and during Venice Film Festival its full of hopeful starlets and pervy producers.

The bellini cocktail and beef carpaccio were invented there .

But its just some drab place down a side street in venice, interior is shite and the waiters are obnoxious. Often a crowd of American tourists outside being turned away because no shorts allowed. Not worth a visit at all. Wife had a bellini, I ordered a Martini and the waiter seemed disgusted at the idea and it was served in a tumbler.

1 Like