Rant rant rant

Oh my!
Hyrox London Sunday spectator tickets… sold out!

People travelling from far and even abroad and now the family supporters cant support them?!?

That is proper shit, I guess with 12000 racing this weekend there’s a good few supporters
I got mine last night in a bit of a panic ( 12 quid) ! Last night

Bigger venue?

2 Likes

WTF is Hyrox?

Edit: As you were, it’s a crap version of CrossFit.

5 Likes

Low rocks:

Hyrox:

24 Likes

check out the PED thread for more info :wink:

4 Likes

Did everyone hear that Joe Skipper was turning up?

4 Likes

Somewhere for Mark Lewis to pimp his ‘hot wife’ :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Pencil neck haters !

( that’s from my mate !)
Seriously it’s a new challenge and very very popular growing at a rapid rate of knots, some of you would be quite good at it, the most experienced hyroxer I know personally ( Kona q qualifier at Bolton last time too) says

“ it’s a running race Gary “ don’t let anyone tell you any thing different ! time wise running is 60% of it, for the big juice bombs maybe nearer 70!

Some lovely people getting involved same as tri, the peds thing ruins it for me so I’ll probably be one and done.

Forecast is Wembley stadium 2028 30k runners
That’s insane !
I’ll bet the price goes up !

6 Likes

Remember Squash anyone? Sports go boom and bust and the key is to just enjoy the ride. I reckon triathlon peaked in 2010.

11 Likes

Jonah Barrington?

I really liked squash but my hand to eye coordination plummeted with my eyesight in my late teens :confused:

2 Likes

Tough Mudder, anyone?

I was surprised when my neighbours came home from a Tough Mudder event looking suitably muddy over the summer. It seemed like everyone was doing them pre-Covid, but I assumed it had died a death since :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Padel!

No good for those of us with the hand-eye coordination of a jellied octopus though

3 Likes

I play Padel! Or at least I do when my wrist works. CLS have gone big on it.

Basically it’s not as good a game a tennis.

Anyway Padel is over, it’s all about Pickleball now.

3 Likes

I was just going to post about that. I had a work trip to the US in August and quite a few of them were saying they had taken it up recently (most of them were aged around 50). Sounds like its pretty massive over there, so I wonder if in a couple of years it’ll have come over here in a big way?

1 Like

I’ve seen a bit of that popping up on ex colleagues’ strava and the like. What is it? I’d never heard of it until a few months ago.

Picklerick?

I’m sure pickleball is on my Garmin :thinking:

No idea what it is though :joy:

Padel is played in a closed cage, much like squash, think of a tennis court but with closed sides, so you can use the walls.

Pickleball is in an open court, think of it like badminton, but with a ball and paddle rather than a shuttlecock

2 Likes

I only know 70+ year olds!

Is that the one with a bat like a banana?

1 Like

First Id heard of pickleball was a twitter thread about knee injury increase for 50yr old males in the US.

Padel is massive in Spain