Rant rant rant

Not sure if this is a rant or not!

Got some new glasses about 5 weeks ago but they were taking some getting used to because of the varifocals, so I was swapping them with my old glasses.

Then they vanished without trace, searched all over but had given up on them thinking they could have ended up in the bin!

Anyway, opened the passenger door in the Audi this morning and there they were down the side of the door next to the seat! I’d checked a couple of weeks ago but obviously not there :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Still weird wearing them though! But at least it’s not £300 down the pan :grimacing:

11 Likes

I needed “intermediate” glasses for computer screens a bit further away than my nose. I can read fine with no glasses and my distance glasses are the same. They tried to say to get 3 way varifocals , I thought I’d end up having an accident trying to drive, concentrating on where to look not the road :wink: , so went with the normal ones separate, and the intermediate have a “blank” reading part at the bottom. I still take them off to read if looking away from the screen. I may consider my cycling glasses to have the inter bit at the bottom next time as it makes reading the Garmin easier (if i ever ride a bike outside again…stupid WFH)
…oh i better rant, fuck getting old :wink:

3 Likes

Haha, these are 3 way varifocals, old ones were 2 way and I’d just about got used to them.

Bloody old age :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I’ve got multifocal contacts lenses. The always seem fine in the opticians office but sometimes slightly blurry for distance vision. It’s a bit of a compromise. It took me a while to get used to varifocal glasses as I was only wearing them early morning and early evening but got the hang now. I’ve got a sight test friday so will see what they say!

1 Like

I don’t need glasses for driving or anything like that but reading smaller stuff in print and my on my phone is getting harder without my glasses. One annoying thing is not be able to read the very small stuff on my Garmin Enduro watch. Why don’t they make magnified screen protectors for those watches? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I didn’t get on with varifocals so bought two pairs, one of each, from Cheap Glasses Online (whoever they were) and I get on much better with them but I’ve got glasses all over the place.

3 Likes

Son was literally on way to get “ the bargain of a lifetime “ kitchen

He’d bought 3 weeks prior, “ we are selling it to a family member now”

( someone has obviously seen they are selling a 12 grand kitchen for 759 quid and made a better offer )

I’d have been fumin! He laughed it off, such a chilled lad, hope he’s not smoking weed!

13 Likes

Rant of a day
My meagre pension … is being taxed at 50% till the next financial year!

(Unts !

Overtime before I left
Medical payout
Houses etc pushed it above threshold

I’m off to the boxing bag !!!

9 Likes

Annoying but not a huge amount of time though. Beans on toast until then, pov spec beans, not Heinz. :wink:

2 Likes

I have enough put away to avoid Aldi beans, at least for the next few months
Hopefully accountant can’t get some of it back, see how we go.

3 Likes

Signed up for 900mb fibre in January as Vodafone had a decent offer on (half price, £29, which is less than I’m paying VM for 250mb), picked an install date for 26th February as my Virgin contract expires on 1st March.

Only a few days later a team turned up to do the pre-install, which should involve running a cable from street to the house down the duct already there for the previous phoneline.

My kids had dropped some stone down the pipe by the house, which the guys queried. After an hour the guys had left without comment. Stones still in pipe, no new cable. I then spent 20 minutes picking out the stones and shoving my draining rods down there, there was a bit of mud and stuff, but got them through.

Week later another team turn up to deal with the blockage. After an hour they report the blockage was at the top of the drive and off they went, but they can’t deal with it.

Week later a third team turned up and left without comment.

Today they turned up for the 4th time, after about 2 hours they knocked to say they’d need to dig up part of the drive, which they did. Cable is now in place ready for the install. Nice new patch on the drive and the pavement. :roll_eyes:

Only really ranting because it’s taken them 4 visits, surely it only should have needed two at most?!

Here’s hoping all goes smoothly for the install.

THE REAL RANT(S): IT TOOK AN HOUR ON CHAT TO GET VIRGIN TO CANCEL. DESPITE SAYING I WASN’T INTERESTED TO HEAR WHAT THEY COULD OFFER., THEY OF COURSE STARTED TO TRY AND TELL ME.

THEN BLOODY VIRGIN RINGING 3 TIMES EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE. THE FIRST CALL CAME WHEN I WAS IN THE INITIAL CHAT. I HAD A POP AT THE BOT AND TOLD THEM TO STOP CALLING. HAVEN’T ANSWERED IT ONCE.

…may have to go crawling back if this new install doesn’t work :wink:

9 Likes

Nice, almost invisible :thinking:

5 Likes

I think they’ve tried to blend the drive in with the patchwork pavement.

1 Like

Too. Many. Pancakes.

:nauseated_face:

8 Likes

I only had one. Might have been large frying pan sized, but it was only one.

Squeeze of lime. :smiley: Perfecto.

3 Likes

Zwift :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I’m on soon. Not looking forward to the leg snapper

3 Likes

Put some washing on delay last night so it would be done when I got up, took it out and realised I hadnt put any detergent or fabic softner in it.

FML.

8 Likes

My son’s bike has been abandoned in our shed since the last lockdown and despite me urging him to sell it, he just couldn’t be bothered. I finally got around to putting on some new wheels and cassette, so thought I’d take it out for a spin and start to use it as a second bike. Anyway the rant is a 10 mile aborted ride with two punctures and the call of shame made in Valentine’s Day. Not a good start to the day.

17 Likes

Don’t let any bike mechanics see your bike upside down like that - it really winds them up :rofl:

12 Likes