Rant rant rant

H&S innit.

Though I may not be an expert yet. It took me under 10 mins to do my exam at the end of day 4 of my course today…but I don’t know if I’ve passed or not! :joy: :joy:

And I have 2 weeks to do a sample risk assessment now.

Still. Pretty much a pro now :wink: :grimacing::grin:

9 Likes

Yodel - do I need say more!
Thursday - Your package is out for delivery, watched the tracking until I was next then it changed to “we can’t delivery, need more information about your address, please chat with us” Did the chat, confirmed address was correct and they’ll deliver tomorrow.
Friday - Exactly the same again, did the chat, confirmed address was still correct and provided description & phone number ready to deliver again.
Today - Exactly the same again, did another chat (bit more arsey this time) they said you’ve missed the delivery 3 times you need to collect it from Sandwell (30 miles away). I said I haven’t missed any deliveries because you haven’t tried and I’m not driving there to do your job for you.

They’re going to try again tomorrow, I’ve asked them to add a note for the courier with directions and phone number so let’s see what tomorrow brings.
It’s only a poxy £10 storage case and I must have spent over an hour on chats already.

10 Likes

Fooking tossers talking behind me during the film despite some evil stares, why spoil it for others you selfish walnuts :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Up at 5am for a coached swim session only to find a flat tyre. Mobile tyre repair booked for 10:04 but still a no show :disappointed_relieved:.

12 Likes

It’s turned up, woman didn’t look very happy. Said she couldn’t see the house name because of a tree (a really skinny bare tree at end of garden, step a yard either way) and she couldn’t phone as no phone signal (it’s sketchy in the house but fine outside).
Basically she didn’t know where it was on Thursday so when it came out Friday & Monday just hit the can’t deliver button again. Says she got an email last night which I suspect was a bit of a bo11ocking.

8 Likes

£7.25 to swim!
And I had to make an account ?!
Hour max!

That little luke warm 19 ish m pool that’s crappy but FREE with yearly membership suddenly seems not so bad.

Quite enjoying swimming at the moment, I’m still super slow but I’m enjoying it

10 Likes

A small part of my rear tooth has come off and left a really sharp bit that I can’t stop touching with my tongue!

Luckily we’ve just got into a new NHS dentist and I’ve got an appointment in about 3 weeks but might see if I can get anything quicker and skive off work.

Is this what old age is like!

9 Likes

Bloody mountain bikers!

2 Likes

I know many of us have rants at poor grammar/spelling (of instead of have etc.) but the one that’s getting me at the moment is the sheer number of people who can’t spell “brake”. it’s not fucking “break” you tossers.

4 Likes

Can we include pedal? It’s not a peddle!

4 Likes

I would but Mrs FB has an Instagram feed which she set up using peddling rather than pedaling and when I pointed the mis-spelling out she threw a strop and refused changed it!

can’t win 'em all

8 Likes

Why do chefs think the first task you would like to complete when eating your meal is unstack your food?

4 Likes

Noted! Won’t say a word :zipper_mouth_face:

:joy:

1 Like

Most Instagram feeds are peddling something.

6 Likes

People in this country do anything to avoid work. The various times white goods engineers have turned up to tell me they won’t install what I’ve paid them to install is now standard and expected. I’m on to them.

But today was a new level.

Community Fibre assured me that installation would happen but there might be some small drilling required. Oh no. No chance of getting that far. Two young engineers turned up, knocked on the door to tell me that a tree some four houses away was in the way…

They decided I was going to get fibre from a telegraph pole not connected to our house.

And the tree, well “In winter it’s not a problem,” he grinned “but while it’s got…um flowers on it, we can’t thread the wire through,”

Flowers. On. It.

“Normally we’d put a rope through and pull the wire, but can’t do that while there’s flower and leaves on it.”

At least he’d realised what to call leaves at this point.

“We have to order a tree surgeon, blah blah blah.”

What a fucking cunt. He stood there expecting me to believe any of this utter shit. I didn’t give him even a flicker of acceptance.

Unfortunately Virgin disconnect me on Friday so it leaves me in a dilemma.

I’ve asked CF to trim some other trees while they are at it.

9 Likes

Maybe they could mow your lawn too :roll_eyes::rofl:

2 Likes

I suspect what he’s trying to say - badly - is that they can do fuck all about working on the tree as it’s bird nesting season and you’re not allowed to disturb hedges and trees until the end of July without good reason

https://www.trees.org.uk/Help-Advice/Public/When-is-the-bird-nest-season

4 Likes

Nice try, ha ha. But I’m not giving anything. He was very clear about the flowers making it impossible to run a cable between the branches.

Good effort though. :+1:

Lord alone knows what the tree surgeon will do when he arrives, probably use your nesting line. Everyone gets paid, no one does any work. :muscle:

A bit more JFDI would go down a treat.

2 Likes

There’s your problem. THEY ARE NOT ENGINEERS. THEY ARE TECHNICIANS. ENGINEERS ACTUALLY HAVE A BRAIN.

My biggest frustration in life when technicians are called “engineers”

6 Likes

How’d they engineer that misuse of a technical term? :rofl:

2 Likes