Rant rant rant

If it was anyone else, I’d say you’ll be okay
:roll_eyes::rofl:

5 Likes

It was all going so well :roll_eyes::joy:

Although TBF if it got cancelled it might be better for me as I can’t see my leg surviving two consecutive 70.3’s!

3 Likes

It’s not a presidential election… but I don’t think that makes any difference to the day.

1 Like

Nah it’ll be fine. You hardly notice the elections are on if you don’t have to be involved with it. Yeah they were leafleting a bit in Paris last week but I find it less imposing than here around election time.

1 Like

Hmm, national callout for urgent O blood donation due to hospital hack from Putin’s mates.

Their website is now down :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Manchester airport Terminal F’ing 3 before 6am should be a crime.

4 Likes

Fuck pootin and his cyber monkeys. I need a blood test to check for allergies as part of my ongoing chest issues. Was told last week to check in with the hospital before going in due to the ransomware attack. Today I was told it could be at least July before they are close to accepting “non urgent” blood test referrals. That’s a long time to recover services to a critical system

9 Likes

I moved on to a different project as mine ended at the end of March, started properly on it in May. It is effectively cloud infrastructure operational 3rd line support. It is effectively me and one other guy full time on it with several others to cover early and late shifts for triaging tickets and the like. The other guy is technically pretty good but awful at admin and organisation. He asked our boss if I could be team lead instead of him as he hates it, I am fine with that. He had some bad news over the weekend but worked yesterday to be distracted but is off now until later this week. He told me about 3 changes he put in and completed a service request response. The service request isn’t complete at all and the changes are all patching that needs to be done manually after work tomorrow, Thursday and Sunday. I then find out he submitted a different one to be done Friday evening when we’re all at a work social event. Who in their right mind plans work for themselves out of hours on 3 consecutive days and then on a Sunday too. Prior to the current situation his home life seemed pretty chaotic and stressful. He is lovely bloke but chaos seems to follow him.

The sooner I get a grip of this customer’s work the better!

8 Likes

Just played “Santorini”, a board game.

The basic version is quite fun, you have to pay attention to what your opponent is doing, and can easily miss opportunities to win if you aren’t paying attention.

Then there’s the advanced version where you get one of a bunch of God cards and they give you extra powers… except some are crap, and others guarantee you the win.

There is a non-zero chance I’m playing by the wrong rules though, they were explained by an eight year old.

4 Likes

And I just had to sneakily use an anagram solver for a Disney puzzle book. FML.

4 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: 2 tubes, CX tyres, think it’s the rim! Getting rescued

Also ran 2k in cleats that are now ruined and missed a train by 3 minutes :rage:

On the plus side the hamstring seems alright :joy:

19 Likes

I AM TIRED OF DEALING WITH PEOPLE WHO CANNOT CONTROL THEIR INSTINCTIVE ANGER WHEN THEY DO NOT GET THEIR OWN WAY.

ENOUGH SAID.

Sorry, just needed a quick rant.

4 Likes