Richard Moore RIP

Not sure if this has been posted already, but i’ve just heard that the renowned cycling journalist and podcaster Richard Moore has passed away.

I only knew him through his books, The Cycling Podcast and a few Twitter interactions but i feel absolutely gutted. His poor family.

Another one taken far too young.

7 Likes

I’m shocked at this.

I’d read some of his books but listened to a lot of the podcasts for the last year or so & felt I knew him.

As you say, young family, recently moved to live in France. Gobsmacked.

3 Likes

I’m the same mate, i feel like i’ve lost a friend.

3 Likes

Same, never met him but listen to TCP every week. Barely seems believable that I’ll never hear his voice again

3 Likes

Awful news, seems like a lot of people are checking out early this year.

49, no age.

2 Likes

The people that I know or have heard of, either dying from or having heart issues in the last 12 months is frightening. The majority have been in their 50’s, giving me the fear!

This is obviously just a general observation, not suggesting it’s what happened to Richard.

Part way through the latest “Richard” episode, some lovely anecdotes coming out.

It’s still strange how much I’ll miss him & his contributions. Definitely a lot to do with being isolated more than usual over the last couple of years.

5 Likes

I’ve not listened to it yet, will need some quiet time for that.

3 Likes

:arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up: This.

Lovely podcast. They were struggling at times. 49….

2 Likes

Listening to Tour d’Ecosse - which for the first few episodes is going through my childhood stomping ground - Lionel is still finding things quite raw which makes things a bit dusty here :pensive: .

2 Likes

Did we ever find out the cause of death?