Roth 2019

Just wondering if anyone here is doing Roth 2019? Race numbers went up yesterday, and the race is 3 weeks tomorrow.

It will be my third IM distance race, with Wales later this year making number 4.

Goals for me:

• Have fun
  • Sleep well (despite camping) … ear plugs and face mask and the ready!
  • Swim under 80 minutes, but if that fails, at least don’t have a nightmare like my last race where I basically allowed my mind to drift on the swim and gave up tons of time
  • If the stars align, and they won’t, but if they do, go sub 11

Anyone else heading to Roth?

1 Like

YOU WENT WELL UNDER IT!

What did you think to the Solarerberg?

Thank you! I enjoyed Solarerberg, but the crowds had really thinned out here by lap 2 and I was in the middle to front third of the race, so it must have been quite quiet for the slower riders on lap 2. If I am being perfectly honest, I think Tenby does a better job of support. I was in the crowd at Saundersfoot climb last year, and that was maybe like a 60% crazy version, but the rest of the Wales course has more pockets of fans overall, and … I bloody love Wales!

1 Like

There’s lovely, innit?

(I love Wales, too :heart_eyes:)

The Solarerberg is a funny place I did Roth in 2013 and most of the crowd is made up of friends and family spectators so after your loved one goes through then it’s a mad dash to get onto the run course for support. The Saundersfoot support to me are there all day as a lot of the crowd are local.