Roth 2021

Have you seen the Messick video?
He’s putting races on.
“We’re in the business of putting on races, which we will continue to do…”

1 Like

In the year dot dot dot!

1 Like

Same day as IMUK …!

Looks like we might be doing our own again ?

No, this year!
They just postpone them until later in the year.

(See Oceanside 70.3)

“ We make those decisions only when we feel like we’ve exhausted every opportunity to safely make those races happen… We wait until we have no alternative …until we’re certain those races can’t happen.”

Dan fucking Empfield pretending like he knew.
What at utter cockwomble

Did he actually say that bit? I only half listened tbh.

1 Like

Yup!!!
See my post above (edited with added Empfield)

Well at least he’s being honest…‘we’ll keep you guessing until it’s too late’

1 Like

We’ll keep your money, keep you guessing, but hand out massive promotions to all of our exec team.
Twats

For some reason I thought Oceanside was actually called by a governor or something, access to parts of the course?

There are races going on over there atm, at least a few marathons, not the huge ones though. I suspect it’s more down to the leanings of that state :joy:

IM Bolton in November 2021, anyone? :rofl:

3 Likes

Bloody hell.
One for the lunatics that!!!

1 Like

I received the notice about Roth Postponment… went straight onto booking.com FA available for about 20kms

Sept.

We hope

Just been reviewing Challenge Roth Course ahead of race next weekend… No Solarberg on this year’s course. Course is shorter and 200m flatter so should be fast.

Guessing it’s a covid thing to stop large numbers of people gathering?

I did a recce of teh course a few months ago, there are alot of road works at the top of Solarberg, I think that they are completely changing the road layout, so it could be that the road is currently closed

Wait, the bike course is only 160km long??? :open_mouth:

How will you call yourself an Ironman after that? :roll_eyes: :rofl:

2 Likes

No there is a leg going into Roth. I loaded the GPX of the course into Garmin and it is 174km, it says 170km on Challenge Roth Website.

Hamburg was long, so this just evens things out a bit… If I go sub 10, I am taking it.

1235m compared with 1578 in 2019

3 Likes

So the bike course is 15-20 minutes short :rofl:
I’ve gone sub-10 three times then :+1:t3:

1 Like

Paging @Jorgan :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes