Rugby Chat

Back to the France we love, unbeatable one week, would lose to Italy the next

2 Likes

FUCK

Another Welsh legend goes. So soon after JPR as well.

RIP King

4 Likes

5 Likes

I saw that before the game and thought it was wishful thinking. France were truly poor, but Ireland did very litte wrong. We have a 10 that isn’t ready for his pension.
I’d expected a France win, now i’m expecting an Ireland slam.

3 Likes

Visiting relatives, TV’s on but I can’t hear the commentary. That looked like a try for Scotland. One movement & ball rolled off the leg onto the line.

I may be biased though.

2 Likes

It was a try. But also a tricky decision. I didn’t watch much of the game but apparently neither side played particularly well.

2 Likes

I think because the ref’s on-field call was “no try”, the video ref had to be 100% certain that it was a try to overturn it and there was no clear shot of the ball on the ground :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Got to say it looked like a try from the quick reply I saw but agree with whisk.

Not completely sure technology makes things better every time, at least if it’s just an on field decision and the ref was obscured you could accept it.

It’s only a game though!

1 Like

England on track for a grand slam then :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah but we’ve had the two easy matches to start with :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It was certainly a try. I thought we could be slugging it out for a slam with the Scots on the last day of the tournament - not to be. England v Wales, how bad does it have ot get before you decide Borthwick is out of his depth? Fine chap and all that but couldn’t motivate a nymphomaniac in a brothel.
Never said this before but ours to throw away. We are good at that though.

3 Likes

I see that Scotland have put in a complaint to World Rugby, perhaps that will change future rulings in favour of attacking sides…not that I’m bitter about it but the decision brought back memories of Craig Joubert refereeing at the Scot/Aus game in the 2015 World Cup.

Yeah, Borthwick :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

1 Like

I think Borthwick would have been gone if England had gone out at the group or QF stage of the WC, but getting the team to within 2 minutes of the final and finishing 3rd in the tournament made him difficult to get rid of.

I wonder how much of the “gritty” performances to grind out the results at the WC were down to the senior players taking control rather than the coach inspiring them, much the same as the 2007 team under Brian Ashton :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Wasn’t Ashton brought in to bring a “Bath” style of buccaneering rugby? England just never seem to be able to get the balance right.

1 Like

Ashton was the attacking coach under Woodward, wasn’t he?

He always looked out of his depth in the top job

1 Like

I was as surprised as anyone else that Eng got to within a couple of points of the final, but I thought it showed what you can do when a bunch of very talented players get together for 10 weeks undisturbed by club commitments. Their tactics at the WC were top-notch, the absolute pests

1 Like

Englands WC performance was courtesy of a kind draw and then some favourable weather conditions for their limited game plan.

They came 3rd but were a long way from the 3rd best team in that tournament.

Interested to see how they go in the final 3 games of the 6N which will provide a better test of where they are.

1 Like

So the Calcutta Cup beckons…

Predictions?

As a Scotsman I feel very uneasy being favourites. Expect us to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again :face_with_peeking_eye::grimacing::man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Scotland are better in most areas of the pitch, and won’t be effected by that odd ‘stop playing, stop doing what we’re best at’ spell they had vs France and Wales with the auld enemy

We’re trying that South Africa rush defence without the pace, physicality and timing that SA had, - Wales and Italy unlocked it 2/3 times and I fear that Finn Russsel will absolutely fill his boots.

Scotland by 15.

2 Likes

I’m more worried by how many Ireland will pile on Wales……:scream:

2 Likes