Rugby Chat

I just watched a feature piece on the stadium at Kamashi that was rebuilt after the earthquake. Very moving!

I’m a neutral, but wonder if some people are getting nervous yet. Cliché French, always one game in them

I missed the Wales game as I was running. Didn’t take any chances yesterday morning though :+1:

3 Likes

Luxury pain cave. I have a small corner of a garage…

1 Like

That’s a corner of our lounge room. I wish it was a pain cave. :smile:

Your bikes live in the house :flushed:

Bloody hell FP , Mrs Hen would go barmy, I can just imagine me towards the end of a 2x20, go for the nose clearance technique and leave a rather unsavoury deposit on the carpet!

I also wear the trousers (can I say that nowdays??!?!?) in my house :rofl:

Yes my bikes live in the house (except the mtb), they always have. Mrs FP don’t got no money but I still managed to marry well. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The TT bike and turbo usually live on that rubber training mat but she took Little One to swimming yesterday so suggested I could train and watch the match.

The reason I’m keen to get the garage right is because I think I will move the bikes to the garage for training and it frightens me. :smile:

1 Like

I do actually like my spartan garage set up. It’s faffing cold in Winter, but once I’m out there and working it’s ok. There are no distractions, no temptations in sight.

Also when not training its not there in the corner of the room reminding me that I have 2x20 tomorrow morning.

1 Like

That was NOT an enjoyable game to watch as a Welshman.

Really stressful game. How the bloody hell did France manage to throw that one away?!

typical French lack of discipline.

I was thinking of paging you to the thread :joy:

Discipline and a complete inabilty to play smart, closed phase rugby. Inexcusable the amount that French team get paid!! It’s not like they’re part time postmen and the like, like Uruguay etc

Still, i’ll take that. It’s knockout rugby, and it doesn’t matter how you get through. We’re in that habit of winning, despite the performance. Semis are one off, big occasions. Both games could go either way, though NZ are obviously still the favourites. Eng will have a better chance at beating them than we would!

1 Like

My nightmare scenario is that England pull out the mother of all performances to beat the All Blacks, can’t do it again and lose to Wales in the final. I may have to pull a Reggie Perrin if that happens.

1 Like

Had to look that up, never heard of it.

I live in England, so that would be the sweetest of all outcomes for me! haha. Though my mother in law may refuse to get me a xmas present this year if that were to happen!

As much as i’d prefer a home nations team to win the whole thing, i’m not sure i could cope with England winning again. My friends all of a sudden become interested in rugby when England are doing well! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve lived in England for nearly 50 years so most of my local friends are Sais - they are going to be unfuckingbearable if England win the RWC again. sadly I can’t see us Welsh doing it - we seem to be bottling it a bit when the really big game comes along.

and I’m going to miss the SFs as I’m on a TO course at Loughborough this weekend!! there will be a lot of phone checking going on…

1 Like

Wales won that game by not panicking. I was supporting Wales, but did feel sorry for France, on the day the technically better, but more temperamental side lost, poor goal kicking, poor discipline, and poor decision making at crucial points (ie that scrum on the Welsh 5m line with 10 minutes remaining), and a good dose of bad luck cost the French a game against an under performing Welsh team. Hope Wales step up before next weekend, would be great if they beat SA.

England NZ should be a cracking game, both are playing a similar style of Rugby, and neither side appears to be making too many mistakes. Suspect that it will be a very tactical low scoring game

1 Like

What a complete performance. Well worth cutting session short this morning to watch properly!

2 Likes

Wow. Yep, that was absolutely brilliant. I’ve never seen NZ look so she’ll shocked, or England play so well.

It just has to be a Wales England final now surely…

1 Like