Shower or bath?

Which camp are you in?

I’m definitely a bather rather than a showerer. Every morning, every evening, and after every training session. Get some decent tritalking done in there too.

1 Like

I doubt I’ve bathed in, what, 20 years.

3 Likes

WTAF - bathing in sweat!!!

I shower 99% of the time. The bath does get used on occasion, bubbles, candles, the works. Usually when I’m stressed or fidgety.

2 Likes

Haha guess I just like being hot and horizontal

Anyone else? Maybe this is odd behaviour

1 Like

can’t remember the last time I had a bath. I’ve had a few showers though just in case you were wondering!

I went through an extended period where my shower was out of action because I couldn’t be bothered to repair a bunch of knackered grout. I did rather enjoy my morning bath before work, but it’s not a quick way of getting clean!

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Similar to GB, don’t think I’ve had a bath for about 30 years, far too much of a waste of time!

1 Like

I had a bath in the last two years, maybe three.

Shower at least once a day, maximum three.

1 Like

I’m definitely one for a bath rather than shower. I hate how I always feel cold after showering whereas a bath really warms me up. I like them really hot, as hot as I can manage. But I don’t spend forever in there - from starting water in to being dressed afterwards in less than 10 minutes. And massively look forward to getting in after a long day cycling or running. Probably have less than 10 showers a year.

1 Like

@hillwall to the rescue, was starting to feel like a proper freak there albeit a clean one :+1: :bath:

1 Like

Yep, can’t remember the last time I had a bath. If I did, there is no way that I would take the phone in with me. I would destroy it in under 5 mins.

(That said, now I think some more, a bath was good when I had done a really long run. The kind that leaves you with aching legs. My problem then was getting out of the bath)

1 Like

Both have their place for me. Love a bath after a big effort to sooth muscles, Black pepper Radox.

But mostly showers.

2 Likes

I had the bathroom redone in the flat I just sold about 7 years ago. I had a shower-bath installed, as I felt a bath was/is a better look for selling. But I knew I’d never use it.

Thinking back, I used it once. For an ice bath after an injury.

1 Like

Shower; like Zwift it’s more time efficient! I always feel really drowsy after a hot bath.

We got a smart meter yesterday. I used to joke about the kids having a “five quid shower” but f* me now I realise just how much power an electric shower draws…more than the kettle! So sometimes it’s like boiling the kettle for 20 mins :scream:

1 Like

I know which I’d rather do though! :joy:

I have a combo.

Shower every day. Sometimes two or three depending on what combo of swim/bike/run I’ve done

But I do enjoy lying in the bath after a long day. I go for the Epsom salts etc not quite candles. Do have a pillow with sucker pads mind.

Our bath is massive I can actually lie down in it and be completely submerged. Can easily fit two adults in it too :wink:

3 Likes

Bath to relax
Shower for convenience

3 Likes

Shower to get clean.

Bath to soak aching bones / muscles.

2 Likes

I have to say that back in the day when I was playing rugby communal baths were quite common in rugby clubs, so you’d all end up in one stinking pool soaking the mud off and easing the aches and pains. However you needed a shower after to get clean! They were a great way to chill out before a beer (or 12) and chew the fat with your teammates and opposition. Best one I remember was as Vale of Lune club - it was not just very hot, but it was also deep, so you could have a proper soak.

3 Likes