Smoothie Recipes

As per the title really. I’ve just recently rediscovered my smoothie machine as a healthy alternative for that mid morning hunger binge that i get every day, especially when i’m working. I want to try to avoid the biscuit tin and ‘bad food box’ (yep we have a box labelled up as that!).

At the moment i’m very much utilising the ‘stand at the fridge and cupboard, grab and chuck’ method.

Anyone have any good go-to recipes worth trying out. I think @Clive mentioned smoothies in another thread and how he really noticed a negative impact in their absence (i think it was you Clive).

Currently mine tend to roughly be:

• couple of handfuls of soft fruit (depends what’s in the house: straw, rasp, banana, blue etc)
  • lemon juice
  • honey
  • couple of dollops of greek yoghurt
  • milk (either dairy or non-dairy, depends what’s in stock)
  • oats/muesli/ready brek (anything to bulk it out a bit)
  • sometimes a few scoops of nut butter
  • sometimes some cacao powder
1 Like

JUST NO BUGS :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

haha - i’ve used up the little packet of those now. I won’t be rushing to buy them again … but i wouldn’t say no if they were on offer in Lidl or something. In a smoothie you literally can’t even taste them (but i think you’d need a LOT to actually get a decent protein hit).

Mine is mostly red fruits and oat milk, however I do put in a teaspoon of spirulina powder every day, makes the colour alarming depending on the mix but seems to have no effect on the flavour

Frozen fruit is good in smoothies

1 Like

Frozen Mango
Tropical fruit juice
Plain Whey Protein
Colostrum occasionally

1 Like

Chia seeds or flaxseed?

1 Like

Where on earth do you get colostrum from?

Stay well away.
I used to have them and still feel hungry afterwards.

I’d rather have a Snickers Duo than a smoothie.
Same calories innit.
Less sugar.
But more fat.

Less nutrient dense though.

That’s why i load mine up with oats, to help with satiety.

1 Like

Or choke when you swallow a non-ground one :rofl::see_no_evil:

I’m too cynical, soz pal :see_no_evil:

banana and frozen tropical fruit, with coconut milk (or/and coconut water) and cocoa (proper ground cocoa not cocoa powder) . or banana and frozen berries with spinach, maybe kale as well. coconut water adds natural electrolytes but ain’t cheap to bulk out a smoothie. I usually add spinach or kale into most, mainly so el nino eats greens without knowing and you cant taste it

2 Likes

Not straight from the source.

Tried the stuff from MyProtein years ago and it tasted like feet.

Then I did some running with James Dunne and he recommended Neovite.

https://www.neovite.com/

It’s not cheap, so generally only use it when I’m in a dark hole of training

1 Like

I’m getting that vibe today!! :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah kale is a good call. We have about 24 plants ready to be sown outdoors in the next week or so. Will be a good way to make sure they don’t go to waste!

1 Like

Fresh turmeric and ginger, organic carrot, kale and sometimes spinach, banana, either kiwi or berries, cashews, hemp, flax, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, orange juice and water.

1 Like