Spreadsheet formula help

User error innit.

The way discharged is spelled in the formula needs to be the same as the drop down list.

Or just point the “discharged” to the location of the drop-down word?

Works fine :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Is there already formatting in O that is overriding the Conditional Format?
I would play around with a formula in another cell rather than the Conditional Formatting box, to try and get it working.

1 Like

Got it.

Looks like either of my original variations would#ve worked just fine. Those lovely ladies in Mrs GB’s dept had been filling in the date column like ‘01.01.21’. When i changed the ‘.’ for a ‘/’ … bingo.

So annoyed, i should’ve spotted that myself, then i wouldn’t have needed to ask for help. Dammit. Excel Fail.

Thanks for the help, even if i had to accept it with @Poet’s gentle p!ss taking!

6 Likes

Crack out some VBA and make those cells a Calendar picker.
Pretty sure it’s in the MSObject library these days.

2 Likes

This is NHS, they are still using Office95 aren’t they?

1 Like

I blew their minds when I built the spreadsheet with all the info they needed on a patient in one place. With drop down menu choices, taught them how to use filters to quickly see what was going on and had a summary tab of the various different categories/options etc.

My wife had only just taken on the role as clinical lead and introduced this. They thought she was amazing! Now the secret is out though. Compared to them, I’m Bill Gates! :joy:

Eh?
Lotus Notes 1-2-3 isn’t it?

2 Likes

Don’t you ducking start. Up to my neck in that.

:joy:

1 Like

You and Donald Rumsfeld need to sit down and have a long conversation.

3 Likes

Might read that. I love the known unknowns speech

1 Like

As long as someone else is typing crap into it, yes.

I’m being dense.

How do I add a totals columns in a pivot table. Tried everything and nothing is working.
Again, it’s got full values in and I just want it in millions. like 0.3 rather than 300,000. Seems like a simple change right?

edit: did the millions thing. Custom format
£0.0,“m”

2 Likes

Millions you say. Are you costing up a new Canyon SpeedMax plus a couple of IM entries?

3 Likes

No totals yet?

Ask ChatGPT :+1:t3:

Playing with hospital budgets. We don’t bother looking at much under 1/4 mil :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

Can someone ask ChatGPT what my maintenance budget should be for next year?

Asking for a friend. Umm.

2 Likes

House maintenance?
Child maintenance?
Spousal?

C’mon…

1 Like

Umm “work”.

1 Like

There should be an easy way to work this out.

I have a list of people and expected start and dates and their rate. This calculates their total cost. I need to split that cost up into financial years to stick into my cost model.

Any ideas of a simple way to do this?

1 Like