Started a new costume

I reckon its the knee pads!

Inside detail on prosthetic arm?

All incorrect I’m afraid.

They’re not even functional, just decorative

There’s some on the left leg holster which holds his Sig Sauer P220ST / P226

5 Likes

My inner seamstress is fighting with this idea. Does only a knife go in this holster? In some pictures I see a gun, then I could imagine them having a magnetic function to keep the gun in the correct position whilst filming. Visually they don’t add anything, so for me they must have some practical function. :thinking:

yes, but it changes in the space of one scene :rofl:

It’s a Cold Steel GI Tanto knife holster, which can be seen in some scenes, then it changes to a Gerber when he pulls it out to spin, but this all happens in one action sequence. Fun fact - in FATWS he’s back to the Tanto in the flashback

Earlier in the movie he has 2 guns on there (when he attacks Fury) which is why they are “possibly” there, but the knife then sits on the same Kydex holsters underneath

Welcome to the world of movie costumes and greeblies

Deadpool’s 5.11 belt has two buckles at the front that serve no purpose other than to make it look symmetrical

This is all part of the game

2 Likes

1 Like

The knife spin is pretty iconic, plus I’m doing the costume that he has on the causeway, which has the exposed arm, as opposed to the Fury scene which doesn’t

2 Likes

@funkster - A belated good luck with the costume, it is going to look very impressive. :sunglasses:

How are you going to turn the 3D printed arm into metal?
(I assume Blue Peter and Bacofoil will not be involved. :wink: )

Are there any rule/issues with carrying/wearing the replica guns these days?

Cheers, Paul. :slight_smile:

Hey dude

I have managed to make 3d printed material look like metal already. It’s all about the right paint

One of these is mine and the other is the movie belt.

Due to the popularity of the Mandalorian there are now lots of paints to get that chrome effect.

As for guns, ideally you should have a orange tip, but as 95% of my events are with my club, we kinda fall under the “Reinactment” area of the VCRA

Obviously I wouldn’t walk down the street or get on the train with my weapons. That has happened in other counties and quite recently with a woman dressed as a Stormtrooper in the US

The knives will be resin cast and two of them are one piece anyway

5 Likes

This is all so bloody impressive…. I love it!

1 Like

OK, understood and would be interested to see the prep/priming/painting process when you get to it.

Cheers, Paul. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Prep - lots and lots of sanding / filler primer
Grey primer
2k Gloss black
Chrome paint - Alumaster / Alclad etc
2k Clear coat

1 Like

Stabby stabby

Actually just need the sheath, as the knife is magic and appears, disappears and then changes

4 Likes

I don’t understand any of this but mega impressed at the same time