Strava shoe replacement notification

That’s a really fascinating point and not something I had considered before. When running higher volumes, I tend to try and rotate shoes a bit, for some of the reasons you say, but I’d never stopped to consider the impact of rotating between shoes in vastly different stages of deterioration due to usage

1 Like

When I was training (professional that is) we had a steady flow of patients from a couple of local running clubs with lower limb injuries. It was often about 2-3 months after getting gait analysis and then motion control shoes or more commonly orthotics from a specific running shop.

I am the same as you @Hammerer but find the new NB fuelcell shoes don’t feel as big as they are when running and the 6mm drop is alright too.

2 Likes

I will look for that podcast, thanks.

March 27th Dr Laurent Malisoux ‘prescribing the perfect running shoe’

1 Like

Makes sense to me, Ive ordered a wider pair of the Pegasus Im using, and Nike Structure 21 for variety and long runs. Only £44 each at the moment anyway :slight_smile:

Im thinking about trying the Free RN 5 minimalist shoe for interval runs which tends to be a 7-10k session for me but they say they should be used for 3km max.

Where did you find some Pegs for £44?

Interesting: No established link between shoe features and reducing injury risk, no mechanism described how features would affect injury risk.

Age of shoe and decreasing cushioning property has no established link to increased injury risk.

Conclusion? The main reason for injury is the running, not the shoe.

1 Like

Nike app, with code Nike30 until June 1st

That’s what I got mine for the first time around, but this time could only get some flyease versions for £47. Rip off :joy:

1 Like

Ah yes its the FlyEase version of the Pegasus - Ive not used them before, and cant find any reviews for the FlyEase feature…?

Eidt - runnersworld says this is a feature for disabled athletes, doesnt it also make for a quicker transition? Or does zipping at the heel undermine the whole structure of the pegasus?

Also curious regarding the FlyEase. Might just play safe and stump up the extra £10 for the normal version. I’d have been happy enough with £55 for them if I hadn’t known about the FlyEase

Who is “they” ?

FTFY

1 Like

I use mine well past 500K, I see how they feel, then tend to use them sparingly, e.g. I’ve not got some old Adrenaline’s that I’m running on the tracks and trails because it’s that dry.

Same with a pair of Ultraboost.

In this case the manufacturer, Nike

1 Like

I’m assuming that road running isnt really what they were designed for then

I’ll report back on mine. With the return option, I thought I’d give them a go. I got the 36 flyease which is different from the 35. The 36 just has the zip down the inside of the laces, so I can’t see it making a huge amount of difference, assuming the inside part of the zip is covered so as not to rub. The 35 had a zip around the heel, which is more questionable.

Yep, i have been seeing that all the time…

1 Like

Although the studies haven’t established a link, it doesn’t mean that it is not there…most academic studies start from a very poor understanding of running form and are not long enough to really establish cause…

1 Like

I think the podcast mentioned that as well, essentially the science isnt good enough to support a clear position, I think their recommendation was to go with what feels good and dont make drastic changes in your shoe type.

2 Likes