Stuff you didn’t know until recently

:rofl::rofl:

Tbf I was reading and replying whilst cooking the dinner. And I managed to burn the garlic bread

1 Like

Ah garlic bread. I always say the best is slightly crunchy.

Ahem, soz!

1 Like

Caramelised, I believe is the term…

1 Like

On the subject of seeing satellites with the naked eye, the ISS flew over at 7am on Christmas Day - we went out and watched, told my son it was Santa on his way home :slight_smile:

There’s a website where you can check when it’s visible, well worth the effort

3 Likes

Just learned this evening from our Niece that HP Sauce stands for Houses of Parliament! :roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Did you just think the picture on the label was a coincidence? or had you just never looked?

I never knew that. Just assumed it was a weird, old logo!

Motorola started this in 1997 with the Iridium satellites.

1 Like
  1. This week I have learnt that there are remarkable similarities between our current government and communism.

According to Bagehot in this weeks Economist Bojo is surrounded by:
“ revolutionaries who believe in tearing down the current order.”

MI5 must be having heart palpitations!

1. Placing some loose change in a bag of water and leaving in the sun really does keep flies and bugs away.

Police in Northern Ireland carry fire arms as standard.

6 Likes

Firmly in the category of problems you didn’t know needed a solution.

2 Likes

My daughter has never had lemonade before today!

1 Like

The fizzy water type, or the juice of lemons?

My son hates fizzy drinks, he occasionally has watered down fruit juice, but mostly just water!

Fizzy type. She only drank half because she said it wasnt healthy!

3 Likes

That is AWESOME!!!

I’ll have to share it with Mrs W!

When she was ill with suspected covid and feeling at her worst, she was seriously planning her own funeral. She’d picked out the eco-friendly coffin and the woodland burial site that she wanted to be buried at. She was convinced that her days were numbered :open_mouth: .

One of her big loves is books and we’ve got book shelves all over the house, so that book shelf/coffin combo would be perfect :rofl:

4 Likes

Donald Trump wants to change US law to allow higher flow rates for showers so that he can better tend to his hair

:rofl:

1 Like

I guess you could also use the books as fuel for a cremation… :rofl:

btw - if you google the picture title, you’ll find links to the plans for this item (I just had to check it was real!)

Thank heavens for habitat sofa coffins :joy:

2 Likes

or fake your own death and fill the coffin with the books

1 Like