Stuff you didn’t know until recently

The first bulge (Moon) is a no brainer but the second one is a head scratcher & ive heard the explination a couple of times.

3 Likes

Yeah i saw Neil Degrasse Tyson talking about it but he didnt go into detail.

10 mile run is not ridiculous. It has many benefits. Sad really :disappointed:

2 Likes

The moon is pulling one side and to put it at it’s most simple, centrifugal force is causing the bulge the other side.

1 Like

Can you simply explain that bit though?

It appeared a couple of years ago.

@fruit_thief makes a good point though which is why if I actually cycle/run/swim anywhere that’s not round the block, a commute or in the local pool I do give the activity a name.

1 Like

I had this very argument with a couple of my mates this week. I name every single run and ride. I can genuinely recall them from the titles (unless they’re really standard) and it helps me when I go back to compare old routes/training blocks etc.

Of course I am ever more elaborate in my titles to deliberately annoy them :joy:

4 Likes

Lol!

There is some flex leaving it morning ride though after a race win, monster ride etc

5 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Yes, as the earth is spinning, the water is trying to fly off into space, a bit like the spin cycle on your wahing machine. The earth’s gravity is too strong for it so whilst it makes an attempt at escaping, it still can’t.

6 Likes

Jon Ronson played in Frank Sidebottom’s band :fire:

That’s Fresh(ie) information

Flags flown at half-mast means the flag is flown two-thirds of the way up the flagpole, with at least the height of the flag between the top of the flag and the top of the flagpole, allowing space for the traditionally invisible flag of Death.

8 Likes

If you could find a way of doing it, you could hang a Fiat 500 from your IT band and it would ony stretch around 1% of its own length

6 Likes

That’d really hurt.

1 Like

A new Fiat 500 or an old/original one?:roll_eyes:

1 Like

New one, the old ones are so light they could be held by my Achilles :grinning:

2 Likes

Only just realised that the Trek Emonda & Domane bikes are both anagrams of the Madone

Also, Karl Marx’s sister Onya, invented the starting pistol.

*One of those above might not be true

12 Likes

It’s obvious now you’ve said it :roll_eyes::exploding_head:

2 Likes

There used to be a bike shop in Warrington called Ron Spencer and he had ‘Italian’ frames made called Rondelli. I remember someone saying they were about as Italian as the cabbages in his allotment. :smile:

I went there once, bought a pair of Assos gloves. I was over on holiday and went to watch Radiohead.

2 Likes