Sub 7 and Sub 8 IM Project

I can only see that working if each athlete has their own “drafting” team to work solely for them or the swim and bike are effectively neutralised with the real race starting on the run.
Can’t see LCB wanting to give time away on the swim though, surely she’d put a few mins into Spirig under any conditions.

1 Like

I see skipper has thrown his hat in the ring for bike pacing duties…and a bit of the run.

2 Likes

Part smack down, part ‘in case Ali breaks down’ insurance IMO.

1 Like

Hmm. And then the pacer sees his chance for glory…

1 Like

This is going to be fun.

And whatever you think, it has got people talking again about something that is (mildly) exciting that’s not the bloody virus.

It has even dragged me out of my self imposed social media avoidance - nothing personal to TT, I was just getting worn down by reading idiotic opinions and ideas fro every man, dog, and overly anxious middle aged woman (mainly on local FB groups).

Bring it on I say. As long as it’s not a farce, stick to wet suit, bike with human pacers etc then great.

Hope you are all hanging in there.

7 Likes

Just sitting in the ‘office’ chuckling at the thought of Joe Skipper shoulder to shoulder with AB at 20 miles.
Joe then engages full beast mode and runs to cross the line first, wanders away with some comment about it being a good training session…leaving a scrum of sponsors picking the bones out of what just happened!

5 Likes

He didnt offer swim support though :rofl:

3 Likes

My exact thought; Skipper would be 10 mins late as the bike train left the platform.

2 Likes

I will say his swim has improved massively, just not in same ballpark. I said to him years ago when he asked about swim to find a swimming club that would let him join their age group squads, if he was near me id put him in a squad! If his ego could handle it ( I’m sure his could as hes really quite grounded most of the time) , then swimming 14+ hours a week having his arse handed to him by 15year olds would help him no end. I honestly think his swim is the only reason he hasnt won Kona as missing the train means burning too many matches

4 Likes

I know. When I saw Andreas the following year in Erding, I told him he was too nice and that he should have cut Macca off at the aid stations and crushed him in 2010. Haha, true/not true. (But I have stayed in the same hotel and seen him at several events in the last 10 years, but never spoken to him as I was past the whole fan thing).

My ‘claim to fame’ has to be being passed either side by Macca & Vanhoenacker before their sprint finish at IM70.3 St Polten in 2009! Either that or passing a walking Andreas Raelert on the run in Regensburg on the way to my infamous 10:00:44 :smile:

6 Likes

Final pacing teams have been announced today. Blum has gone for a Kenyan marathoner as his prime run pacer.

As expected, AB topped up with Varga and JB.

Kat Matthews has a run pacer from the army helping her - not exactly world class, Nerys Jones. I went to school with her and knew her well during that time. Weirdly bumped into her during London mara when I did it in 2018 or whatever.

7 Likes

Saw there is a poster on slowtwitch with the username Sub17project, thought that was quite funny

10 Likes

Brownlee out, Skipper in :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Oh really? Why’s that?

Will Brownlee ever race again?!

What the actual.

I give up!

Stress reaction in his hip

1 Like

What is that anyway?

It’s nice he’s swimming with Skipper - I thought LCB should’ve gone for that too.

Joe is great on the bike and run, but it’s not really going to be a contest is it?

Precursor to a stress fracture

1 Like

Maybe this is why Skipper, who was training with them all wasn’t selected in the bike squad? Must’ve seen it coming and held him on standby instead?

2 Likes

Skipper has just gotten over covid though so isn’t surely firing on all cylinders yet?