Tax credit for WFH

Yeah I did it last week and got the confirmation letter from HMRC just now

2 Likes

Thanks. Now I’ve bothered to do it!

1 Like

Thats good, looks like I can do the form again for the whole year and thats fine

1 Like

Nice, I will get it done. :+1:

1 Like

Claimed.

1 Like

well that was pretty flippin easy! £60 ‘for free’.

nice one @stenard

1 Like

This should now be ‘What the Govt bought me for 60 quid’ thread.

Ultegra 11-28 11 speed sprocket for me :slight_smile:.

1 Like

… guess i should say it;'s gone towards my new massage gun thing i posted on the ‘buying new sh!t’ thread.

But that’s in the past, and this is future money … so surely more fun stuff??? :rofl:

1 Like

I should be able to get £125; but you don’t actually get a ‘lump sum’ do you? I just thought it was taken off your taxable income; did I read it wrong?

some of it is backdated. So i guess there’s got to be a way of you getting that. but yeah, your code is amended so you get your £1.50 a week, or whatever it is, that is now not taxed.

Is this going to turn into the ‘Who are the loaded guys/girls on the higher tax code’ thread?! :rofl:

1 Like

It changes your tax code, so I assume it will be a small difference in every month’s pay :man_shrugging:

I’m spending mine on heating my house during the day this winter!

4 Likes

Not loaded; my wife lost her job, and is having a devil of a time finding a new one. Thank goodness for my Forces Pension is all I can say :+1:

1 Like

That’s not how the game works …

There is a lot of good talent on the ground now. I’ve hibernated my LinkedIn because quite frankly, I wanted to connect with professionals and not see pictures of people’s dogs but the amount people ‘Open to Work’ was crazy.

It didn’t seem it at the time but losing my job early in the piece was a blessing as I missed the the market dump of the furloughed staff.

6 Likes

Nice one @stenard :+1:t2:

Done. Had to set up a new GOV ID as I’d forgotten mine. Can only claim ffrom Aug 17 but better than a kick in the nuts.

Was talking about this at work yesterday, my boss had done it, I’m guessing it’s the same account I set up as per the over 50’s thread to see your NI\SSP details etc.?

Might have a ago.

Thanks for the reminder.

I like the little reminder on how much you can earn until you’re in the next tax bracket.

I’d not logged into this for ages, stopped doing self-assessment a while ago (thank god!), but the site seems a lot better now than what it used to be?

Its around £44k before 40% kicks in

There’s a bit at the bottom that lets you know how much more you can earn before you get into 45% additional rate.