That Peloton Ad

Basically show what a great husband you are by implying your wife is a porker and needs to hop on her own exercise bike every day.

Unlike Technogym

Is it sexist to suggest that someone would benefit from exercise?

Apparently it’s sexist for a woman to want an exercise bike too.

1 Like

That said, indoor cycling is doubtless very popular with females, as it’s way safer than being out on the roads.

we had a fatality here last week…25 year old woman, keen cyclist, sports psychologist from Lboro…

People complained that the tone of the advert indicated a controlling relationship - the woman didn’t really want the bike, but she started using it to please her husband.

Thanks - i will look out for it…

Off-topic completely, but I’m currently doing an orthopaedics rotation at a major trauma centre. Some life changing injuries coming through, I’m still a bit of a douche but I’m definitely trying to be far more cautious in training. Not always avoidable of course.

There’s a lot of night riding around here when the roads are a little quieter and at least everyone seems to be lit up like an Xmas tree…but it is still risky…

Hello Peloton, meet Echelon. You may have a lot in common…

:roll_eyes:

The economic crosswinds are strong.

Pick a non English cycling term. Start a fitness app.

It’s the new timeshare for the 20s

2 Likes

I guess it’s probably a good time for virtual fitness businesses with the gyms all closed, but you’ve got to wonder how many people will maintain their subscriptions once things go back to some sort of normality.

I have two new apps in development - Gruppetto™ for those who can’t keep up the pace and Lanterne Rouge™ for the real underachievers

6 Likes

and of course BroomWagon.app for the utter failures

2 Likes

Introducing Pelotaunt. The only exercise bike that provides you with personalized at-home negative reinforcement and relentless criticism.

1 Like

Time to buy a cheap Peloton bike?

Peloton cuts price of bike as sales growth slows - BBC News

I assume their long term business model is based around their subscriptions and not the sale of their hardware, but this is another company (like Deliveroo) that is still burning through cash and losing money at a time that should be perfect for their business to boom.

I guess they’re spending a load of money on advertising and lawyers? :man_shrugging:

I have been circling around buying one for Louise for a while, this will probably make the pressure from her even more intense.

Thing is, there have been loads of barely used ones for sale on eBay that end up going for about a grand, this may drive the price lower.

I would prefer to get a wattbike, but the pull of the peloton brand is strong for Louise.

1 Like

I have a female version of Poet in my mind :rofl:

3 Likes