The alternative rant thread - I LOVE

Praise be to Fruity. :pray: :raised_hands:t2:

Perfect sense mate. Got to remain grateful for what we do.

5 Likes

We call them ‘float days’ :grin: :+1:

4 Likes

9 Likes

Went to see Bill Bailey last night… spent most of the evening crying with laughter…. and wow, what a musician…… he was asking for requests from the audience and playing them on a piano in a Scot Joplin ragtime style, completely unprepped…. and his rendition of ‘Enter the Sandman’ on car horns was a thing to behold! :joy:

10 Likes

Aussie nutrition :+1::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Booked up to see him later this month :grin:

you’ll love it…. he was awesome. Won’t spoil it for you, but his description of members of the cabinet was beyond brilliant!!!

1 Like

Mrs GB out at a hen weekend.

Within 75 mins I’ve organised a bbq with a mate and his family, collected the girls from school, tidied the house, bought the food, mowed the lawn and cracked open my first beer.

That’s how you do it! :heart_eyes:

17 Likes

Not exactly athlete food, especially whilst watching a IM WC but we’re having chips from the takeaway.

First time this year!

9 Likes

My sanctioned TV schedule yesterday- UCI short track MTB replay, Superleague finals, Giro TT and IM St George.

9 Likes

Challenged by golfers this morning. Rode/pushed the MTB up a basically unridable bridle way to the top of Stinchcombe hill, where there is a golf course.

I sat down to collect myself and was met by a braying group of golfers who all decided to comment that I should give it up and join them.

I suggested that I hadn’t yet given up on life.

They fucked off without further comment.

14 Likes

Me and my 6 yo love golfers… they fund her pocket money and are teaching her entrepreneurial nous.

9 Likes

It’s the brotherhood of wearing stupid clothes that binds both groups :wink:

5 Likes

and the potential to spend stupid amounts on a bit of kit

4 Likes

and a love of carbon tubing….

2 Likes

And they wear stupid shoes with cleats too.

3 Likes

Loving some of the free pro pics I got back from Girona. Completely self indulgent sharing them but I don’t care!

14 Likes

Love that first pic. Did you go with a company? Or self organised?

That’s super cool! Self indluge away; i would!

I just went on my own. The organised cycle holidays to me seem super expensive for what you get, but I’ve had years of travelling on my own and DIYing holidays. I Airbnb’d somewhere that was a 5 min cycle from Girona centre for £35 a night. Nabbed some gravel routes from Komoot which Poet suggested and did those on my own. And a local company there The Service Course had a Gravel Bonanza day on while I was there for 20 euros which I joined in with and the above pics came from.

12 Likes