The alternative rant thread - I LOVE

Come back to watch the full distance, the usual mix of people looking good and having a good day, and those that look like they’d be happy getting executed :joy:

Been there, done both :joy:

Although the M50 category looks a bit slow, comfortably beaten by M55

8 Likes

“ Swimming is not allowed in the lake but that has not deterred some users. ”

That is utter tripe.

Has it always been that bad?
We used to go loads and never saw more than a dozen people there.

The MEN has a lot to answer for :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
It’s articles generally mention “The Secret Beauty Spot just an hours drive from Manchester you don’t know about”

Dovestones Reservoir? Gone.
Pickmere? Gone
Porth Iago? Gone. “It’s only 30 minutes from Cheshire-on-sea”

I hate it :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

My girls are at Brighton Pride. My eldest daughter is obssessed with a singer called Baby Queen, and they’ve just met her and she gave them all a hug and my daughter is lossing her shit.

15 Likes

Yup! Totally this. I do not go near Lymm dam around lunchtime on a Sunday. It’s not worth it!

1 Like

syndicated Reach Group crap, same stories in Brum (Birmingham Mail) Cov (Coventry Telegraph) and many others with different beauty spot or parkland

1 Like

Yep, I’m slowly blocking every Reach group page on FaceBook, and it’s improving things enormously!

Fixed for even greater improvements :wink:

2 Likes

I deleted Facebook before Christmas, rejoined in the new year but only added the useful groups and it’s a much better experience. The local community groups are a PITA around here, forever moaning about the same stuff, over and over.

4 Likes

Our local group is hilarious.
I love it :heart_eyes:

Week 1: Motrax is closing down. 70% off sale, or trade price.

Week 2: what’s happened to Motrax?

Week 3: anyone know what’s happening to Motrax?

Week 4: when did the tea room open in Motrax? :joy:

(Exactly the same thing happened with the launderette and Post Office)

Also:

Monday: I’ve just moved loads of cardboard boxes to give away if anyone needs them?

Wednesday: I’m moving, does anyone have any cardboard boxes they’re giving away?

:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Yeah mine has got a little bit less ranty of late. Which is a shame as it was quite entertaining - the oldies all complaining about the yoofs (in a very sleepy coastal town!).

Now it’s more lost cats, people who are in the clique pumping their businesses (whereas others not allowed) and lost/found scooters and clothing! haha.

1 Like

Our seems to be fixated on where the latest stabbing took place :open_mouth:

(Stockwell tube station on Saturday night/sunday morning :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Our local group is always a source of amusement, I am amazed by how many thick people there are in the locality.

The favourite past time is people reporting to the group when travellers have arrived on one of the fields.

Recently after the fire people seem to be trying to get rid of their rubbish in a thinly veiled offer of stuff. Everyone has been told that the people have been rehomed by the housing association and dont need someones shitty old sofa but once a week someone pops up asking if anyone knows someone effected as they have a sofa to give.

3 Likes

There used to be a forum for my area; I had to stop visiting regularly as it was making me angry, but every now and then I’d pop in to see what was what.

My favourites were rants about people who were just doing their job… I foolishly engaged with someone who was going off on one about a scaffolding truck that was parked by the pavement which was at times being blocked by people with scaffolding poles; what if a disabled person or someone with a pram wanted to get past? I pointed out that they’re probably putting up scaffolding because someone needs scaffolding put up and they’re not just doing it for a laugh, combined with the poles being really long, and heavy, they need to be nearby, and that I would hope if someone needed to get through the scaffolders would help out in some way… apparently my hope wasn’t sufficient and they should be more considerate.

I’m kind of sad it’s been taken down, I could do with getting rid of some old furniture (god knows what people did with it, but there were folk who would take anything)

4 Likes

We had one where they said “a van is parked inappropriately” because it was by a house that had a funeral leaving from it in a few days. I engaged with it and asked if it was yellow or red lines - no, is the van taxed and MOT’d - yes, is it parked too far from the kerb or on a dangerous corner - no. But they went on and on about how rude and uncaring it was to park in such a way. What way exactly? Two people ‘IRL’ stopped me and said it’s the best laugh they’ve had in ages but it was all very serious on FB.

The other regular is moaning about dog shit down the alleyway opposite me. The culprit is a 92 year old with a German Shepherd he was recently given by his granddaughter. The dog is a PITA and has attacked mine three times but he’s 92. He shouldn’t have the dog but he does and he can’t pick up the poop so moan moan moan. I do a clean up from time to time and report back; five poops and half a bin bag of bottles, cans, McDs crap, sweet wrappers etc. Total silence from the group. Two weeks later “there’s a lot of dog shit in the alleyway”.

4 Likes

just go on Nextdoor - much more ranty than FB

1 Like

When you find a treat in your PE bag you forgot you put there the day before :yum:

9 Likes

Deleted

The sun is shining, the sky is blue, everything is happiness and light.

And breakfast al fresco too.

11 Likes

Dont want to rain on your parade but the eggs look a little over done :wink:

3 Likes

That’s what she sa…wait, no.

Unfertilised.

1 Like