The Beer Thread

3 for a fiver in co op :rofl:

1 Like

This isnt too bad, think i prefer the co op special though

3 Likes

Enjoying our one beer a day. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Just cracked one of these I bought before Xmas.

Didn’t realise it was 11.5%………:flushed:

But ish veh nishe!! [hic]

6 Likes

Just found this in a Spar in Newport.

Fucking lush. 6% with a hint of toffee and chocolate. Nothing like a standard Guinness at all. Not had one for many years but good to find it.

7 Likes

Podium beers for today ( I bought them but could only drink them if I got a podium)

8 Likes

Nice, new collection for me tonight. Spending the night with my brother before a funeral tomorrow.

The ‘Juice Forsythe’ one was a bit too much. Even for a fan of a fruity beer. Just a tad odd. The others were good though. :+1:

6 Likes

Great running, saw it on Strava. You absolute gazelle. :muscle:t2:

What was the plan if you didn’t podium though ?

3 Likes

Sparkling water :sob:

1 Like

discovered Guinness zero during dry jan and can actually enjoy it , tend to drink it if we go for a drink during week or am driving

3 Likes

aaagh- those top 3 cans.

Brains - now owned by Marstons and lost their reputation
Camden Town - owned by InBev who have the reputation of ruining previous great brands when they were independent (like Camden)
Tiny Rebel - offer much but usually fail to deliver as they add the flavours to the base brew, not brew them in.

1 Like

they all look amazing to me :yum::yum::yum:

could murder 1 or 3

Going to say, poor choice @gingerbongo!

Oooooh, like the sound of this beer fest and sportive up North East Scotland in Stonehaven (ah sorry, website not showing):

https://www.midsummerbeerhappening.co.uk/sportive

1 Like

Tiny Rebel started their business well but have gone right off in recent years with their awful flavours - 2 of the latest……:face_vomiting: (not tried them but the thought of drinking them leaves me cold)

In other news my (once) local microbrewery, Antur Brew Co, are opening their new brewery and tap room to the public this weekend in Crickhowell so if anyone is heading that way, drop in.

4 Likes

I agree. Used to be a big fan, feel like it’s really declined over recent years.

A friend that’s really into their craft beers mentioned they changed their flavour process. Adding it in later with a large number of additional chemicals.

Stick to Severn Brothers!

Yep - that. Stupid move imho

1 Like

May foul myself tomorrow.

5 Likes

Found this not sure if I like it or not

3 Likes

Brewdog Lost none too expensive at Tesco

3 Likes