The Beer Thread

Made my own.

(There’s a spoiler alert on the BrewDog website for what’s in them, sadly, no Jet Black Heart)

5 Likes

You’re missing some days. So you clearly need to buy more boxes!

2 Likes

I blame this thread for me dipping into my Flavourly box on a Wednesday!

Mrs GB when she came home “how come you’ve got a beer?”

My response - cos it’s December.

:joy:

5 Likes

Always need more boxes.
It’s like bikes n+1

How many beer boxes do you need?

Day #1, Day #2

2 Likes

I like your style.

I’ve not seen Badger Beers around in ages, used to be a big fan of a Golden Champion. I think that’s the one. And a Fursty Ferret.

1 Like

I got jet stream. 2 mates got Duopolis. The 4th musketeer got Snowball cream soda lager :joy::joy:
This is so much better than Bitchin about covid.
Cheers :beer:

4 Likes

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

I’m so intrigued about that one!

Hmm, you wont be intrigued for long.

1 Like

I’ve got such a sweet tooth so we’ll see!

Foul.

When we could see our friends in pubs, a friend had to, as a forfeit, had to chop that followed by a Salty Kiss.

2 Likes

What’s today’s surprise then?

Salty Kiss is an epic beer :+1:t3:
Another one of the Brinks magic cask ales :yum:

Hazy Jane for me on Day 3

1 Like

Ta.

That’s going in the fridge :smiley:

Hazy Jane here too.

Wasn’t blown away by Jet Stream yesterday; it was nice enough, and refreshing post-run, but didn’t make me wish I had a case of it.

Who knows if it’s true, but I remember reading something in the on-flight brochures about the beers being designed for the changes that occur to tastebuds when at altitude. I previously read it’s the same reason why plane food is often considered crappy, but apparently properly nice food at sea level wouldnt taste the same. On top of the fact it’s mass produced and designed to be quickly reheated of course!

I’ve heard this is why Tomato Juice is so popular on planes too, I’d not thought about it being done with the beer… interesting. It wasn’t bad, it just didn’t knock my socks off.

As for the food, I think the mass production and reheating is the real problem there; food in the Premier section of the Eurostar is plane food, and it’s mediocre at best even at sea level.

I was very underwhelmed by Jet stream. Still drunk it though. I’m out tonight and haven’t opened door 3 yet. It might have to wait to the weekend but Hazy Jane is a winner. My beer of choice is actually Dead Pony Club pale ale… no doubt there will be a can along soon to add to the 48 I have in the garage…