The Beer Thread

Followed up the King of Beers with a glass of Sancerre…am I barred from the thread yet? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Lemonade only tonight after a somewhat extended run in with Carlsberg yesterday

4 Likes

Last of the beers tonight and then dry for May to get down to race weight for the start of June

5 Likes

Number 1, I’d actually say Bud Light is worse!

If either of you post a picture of a Carling, however, think I’ll have to block you.

6 Likes

This microbrewery is about 3 miles from our new house - opened at Easter so is very very new. We dropped in to buy a mixed case (online shop coming soon) and tasted his freshly brewed Pale - wow!! One of the best I’ve had for a long time!

We’ll be giving the owner Lance more £ over coming months when we’ve moved in.

3 Likes

I can’t say I’m talking from experience with either choice.

Last time I had a fosters I think I bunged a load of lemonade in with it!

:100: on Carling. Proper piss water that

1 Like

The NEIPA looks really tempting and oh my god fill your own! It’s a shame it is sooo far away from me

yep - I can see regular visits to pick up the growlers. Have tried the bottled NEIPA, Pale and Alt so far - all good!

1 Like

Been loving this mixed case.

Tin of Otter tonight - a nice NEIPA.

I’ve eaten junk for lunch, but worked out quite hard this morning. So it’s earned yeah.

4 Likes

a good NEIPA is that

1 Like

That’s one of my favourite beers :cry:

3 Likes

I’ve enjoyed them all. They’re not extraordinary, but they’ve all been decent.

Love the Blueberry sour though. :yum:

that Sour was my least favourite! but as for VFM, unbeatable with the BOGOF deal

1 Like

I had too many beers last Friday & spent all of Saturday feeling grim. Haven’t fancied an alcoholic drink since- that’s 5 days including today. Don’t recall my last 5 day dry stretch, it was many months ago.

As there’s a race on the horizon i may try to keep it up a while longer :thinking:

My flash point is thirsty, hot and after a stressy day. That’s when the resolve tends to falter

8 Likes

I’m using Yorkshire Tea as my replacement for beer now. I used Athletic Brew IPA for the January drought but that meant it was easy to move from the alcohol free to the real stuff.

2 Likes

Tea :neutral_face:

1 Like

Dry :pensive: :cry:

2 Likes

Almost the same strength as fosters

6 Likes

Why does the sun always make me want to drink beer?!

Sat outside on the sofa (not in the sun - our garden unfortunately doesn’t face West) with a Better World Brewery DIPA - the Lynx can.

Its good. :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Do you get to sleep okay afterwards?
I used to drink camomile or peppermint or something like that when I was dry.