Their bar is also ace.
The food is proper good post-hike grub.
A couple of snugs and open fires.
Lovely.

Anyways…

…what’s better than beer?

FREE BEER!!!

3 Likes

This came up on a MoneySavingExpert e-mail - 24 beers for £26. Bargain!

One-off box, no subscription needed.

Pint of Peloton Pale session ale, shame about the cloudy weather

10 Likes

Another decent brew from Buxtons, this a tasty 8% DIPA

5 Likes

Another new one, i should head to Tesco Orpington more often

6 Likes

Moose River APA

5 Likes

Moose river? Hmm. Looks alright but I’m not sold on the name. It conjures up an image of slightly musky taste and dubious hygeine, like water from a river where mooses have been perhaps :thinking:

Sure it was good though :yum:

3 Likes

Great Western Brewing has changed their name to Hop Union Brewing…and I am not so sure Hop Union is still even open. The shop may have closed on the 29th. However, this could be one of the last kegs of their beer…who knows. I tried a pint of this beer off the cask’er at the pub at the Shrewsbury Hotel. It poured a clear golden with cask white head that left a fine lace. The scent had subtle bitter hop notes. The taste was nicely balanced and easy to drink with sweet malt base and the typical english bitterness through the drink. The mouthfeel was medium in body but with cask condition “carbonation”. Overall it was a good beer.

I’m thinking you might believe I wrote that, up until the word “mouthfeel”. Taken from the inter webs.

3 Likes

Was thinking “that’s quite a mouthfeel”

3 Likes

My summary is a bit less entertaining - it’s quite nice, being an APA it doesn’t have the edge I don’t like in most IPAs.

4 Likes

Sounds like you’ve been to a rave somewhere off the M25

3 Likes

I opened this expecting the worst of sweet and sickly but was pleasantly surpised!

6 Likes

6 Likes

Love Tiny Rebel!

1 Like

£18 for 12 is my downfall.
Been getting through that in two evenings recently :flushed:

1 Like

Small cans though, innit.

Their Welsh Red is foul, mind.